1. A wad of something chewable as tobacco.
5. Someone who refrains from injuring or destroying.
11. A small cake leavened with yeast.
15. Type genus of the Ranidae.
16. Speak in a nasal voice.
17. (informal) Exceptionally good.
18. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
19. Provide evidence for.
20. A Russian river.
21. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
22. Provide commentary for a film, for example.
25. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
29. Decapod having eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers.
31. The shape of a bell.
33. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
35. Having help.
39. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
40. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
44. Lie adjacent to another.
47. Large evergreen tropical tree cultivated for its large oval smooth-skinned fruit.
49. The 17th letter of the Greek alphabet.
50. A herbaceous plant genus of the family Linaceae with small sessile leaves.
52. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
54. Type genus of the Pristidae.
56. Any member of Athapaskan tribes that migrated to the southwestern desert (from Arizona to Texas and south into Mexico).
58. French writer who generalized surrealism to literature (1897-1982).
60. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
62. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
63. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
64. Of or relating to or suggestive of dreams.
69. A highwayman who robs on foot.
72. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
73. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
74. Of or pertaining to or characteristic of Nepal or its people or language or culture.
76. A machine-readable version of a standard dictionary.
77. A boy or man.
78. Winter aconite.
79. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
1. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
2. The lean flesh of a fish similar to cod.
3. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
4. An ambitious and aspiring young person.
5. A vicious angry growl.
6. Apostle and patron saint of Ireland.
7. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
8. Desert shrub of Syria and Arabia having small white flowers.
9. Other than what is under consideration or implied.
10. Of flax, hemp, or jute, so as to promote loosening of the fibers form the woody tissue.
11. Any of various units of capacity.
12. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
13. Obvious and dull.
14. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
23. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
24. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
26. Primitive predaceous North American fish covered with hard scales and having long jaws with needle-like teeth.
27. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
28. (criminal law) Money that must be forfeited by the bondsman if an accused person fails to appear in court for trial.
30. Spiritual leader of a Jewish congregation.
32. A small digital computer based on a microprocessor and designed to be used by one person at a time.
34. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
36. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
37. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
38. Fierce wild dog of the forests of central and southeast Asia that hunts in packs.
41. Marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea.
42. Squash bugs.
43. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
45. Not softened by the addition of padding.
46. Ostentatiously lofty in style.
48. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.
51. From 13 million to 25 million years ago.
53. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
55. Someone who sets snares for birds or small animals.
57. A genus of Stromateidae.
59. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
61. A populous province in northeastern China.
65. Not final or absolute.
66. Avatar of Vishnu.
67. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
68. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
70. A local computer network for communication between computers.
71. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
75. An informal term for a father.