1. A syndrome that occurs in many women from 2 to 14 days before the onset of menstruation.
4. A specialist assigned to the staff of a diplomatic mission.
11. An informal term for a father.
15. Mythical bird of prey having enormous size and strength.
16. A retailer of meat.
17. Type genus of the Apidae.
18. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
20. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
21. Thick spicy sauce made from tomatoes.
23. Tropical and subtropical marine and freshwater fishes having an elongated body and long protruding lower jaw.
25. A republic in the West Indies on the western part of the island of Hispaniola.
26. Someone who is so ardently devoted to something that it resembles an addiction.
27. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
30. The last (12th) month of the year.
34. The animal order including amoebas.
39. Small genus of bitter-rooted herbs of eastern North America and Asia.
43. Cause annoyance in.
44. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
45. A unit of power equal to 746 watts.
46. The officer below the master on a commercial ship.
47. A Hebrew prophet in the Old Testament who opposed the worship of idols.
51. A flexible container with a single opening.
52. Unsegmented worms.
53. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
55. Someone making a search or inquiry.
56. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
58. Made by polymerizing isobutylene.
60. Highly excited.
62. European annual grown for forage.
67. An ideal instance.
71. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
72. Czar of Russian (1551-1605).
75. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
76. Being one more than six.
77. Italian composer remembered for his operas (1792-1868).
78. A notable achievement.
79. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
80. Unarmed feather palms of central and northern South America.
81. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. Capital and largest city of the Czech Republic.
2. An atom having a valence of one.
3. Someone (especially a woman) who annoys people by constantly finding fault.
4. Before noon.
5. The fourth month of the civil year.
6. A village in eastern Ireland (northwest of Dublin).
7. A member of an Indian people formerly living along the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
8. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
9. One who works hard at boring tasks.
10. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
11. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
12. Any of various small plant-sucking insects.
13. A member of either of two Shoshonean peoples (Northern Paiute and Southern Paiute) related to the Aztecs and living in southwestern United States.
14. Savory jelly based on fish or meat stock used as a mold for meats or vegetables.
19. Lighted up by or as by fire or flame.
22. A feudal lord or baron in Scotland.
24. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
28. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
29. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
31. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
32. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
33. A unit of pressure.
35. A noisy riotous fight.
36. Any compound containing the group -C=NOH.
37. Disposed to avoid notice.
38. (Greek mythology) The rarified fluid said to flow in the veins of the Gods.
40. The capital of Morocco.
41. A republic in southern Europe on the Italian Peninsula.
42. United States sculptor (born in 1924).
48. A small outbuilding with a bench having holes through which a user can defecate.
49. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
50. British physicist (born in Hungary) noted for his work on holography (1900-1979).
54. A state of Uganda and site of a former Bantu kingdom.
57. United States gangster who terrorized Chicago during Prohibition until arrested for tax evasion (1899-1947).
59. The location of something surrounded by other things.
61. Type genus of the Gavidae.
63. Precipitation of ice pellets when there are strong rising air currents.
64. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
65. A city in northern India.
66. Arising from or going to the root.
68. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
69. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
70. A quantity of no importance.
73. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.