1. Large African antelope having a head with horns like an ox and a long tufted tail.
4. The floating wreckage of a ship.
11. Slightly open.
15. An electrically charged particle.
16. A small conical pouch projecting from the upper anterior part of each atrium of the heart.
17. Ctenophores lacking tentacles.
18. Indian statesman and leader with Gandhi in the struggle for home rule.
20. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
21. A port city in southwestern Iran.
23. The square of a body of any size of type.
24. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
26. English monk and scholar (672-735).
28. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
29. Pearl oysters.
31. (Judaism) A Jewish festival (traditionally 8 days) celebrating the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt.
33. Written on a typewriter.
34. A state in midwestern United States.
37. Cancel, annul, or reverse an action or its effect.
42. Neckwear consisting of a long narrow piece of material worn (mostly by men) under a collar and tied in knot at the front.
43. Leafless East Indian vine.
46. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
47. A monocotyledonous genus of the family Iridaceae.
49. An accountant certified by the state.
53. A toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion.
55. People descended from a common ancestor.
56. A communist state in Indochina on the South China Sea.
57. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
59. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
60. An artificial language for international use that rejects rejects all existing words and is based instead on an abstract analysis of ideas.
61. Verse in the meter used in Greek and Latin poetry consisting of strophes of 4 tetrametric lines.
63. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
69. An associate degree in nursing.
72. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
75. Lower in esteem.
77. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
78. Succulent carpet-forming plant having small brilliant reddish-pink flowers.
80. Being ten more than one hundred eighty.
81. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
82. A great raja.
83. 30 to 300 gigahertz.
1. Tropical American tree bearing a small edible fruit with green leathery skin and sweet juicy translucent pulp.
2. The mother-in-law of Ruth whose story is told in the Book of Ruth in the Old Testament.
3. A transuranic element.
4. Characterized by errors.
5. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
6. Alloy of copper and tin and zinc.
7. A local and habitual twitching especially in the face.
8. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
9. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
10. English economist noted for his studies of international trade and finance (born in 1907).
11. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
12. (Old Testament) The fourth son of Jacob who was forebear of one of the tribes of Israel.
13. The sixth month of the civil year.
14. Type genus of the Ranidae.
19. Right-hand page.
22. An enemy who lays siege to your position.
25. French mathematician and astronomer who formulated the nebular hypothesis concerning the origins of the solar system and who developed the theory of probability (1749-1827).
27. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
30. A public promotion of some product or service.
32. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
35. Free from fear or doubt.
36. A metrical unit with stressed-unstressed-unstressed syllables.
38. Vice President under Eisenhower and 37th President of the United States.
39. Do something that one considers to be below one's dignity.
40. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
41. Steady recurrent ticking sound as made by a clock.
44. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
45. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
48. A grant made by a law court.
50. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
51. Type genus of the Phocidae.
52. Medium-sized tree having glossy lanceolate leaves.
54. Group insurance that entitles members to services of participating hospitals and clinics and physicians.
58. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
62. Squash bugs.
64. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
65. An elaborate song for solo voice.
66. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
67. The 10th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
68. A narrow elongated opening or fissure between two symmetrical parts.
70. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
71. Combining form.
73. The universal time coordinated time when a transmission is sent from Earth to a spacecraft or other celestial body.
74. Brief episode in which the brain gets insufficient blood supply.
76. An edge tool with a heavy bladed head mounted across a handle.
79. A person who announces and plays popular recorded music.