1. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
4. Human external genital organs collectively especially of a female.
12. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
15. Being one more than sixty.
16. Generalized edema with accumulation of serum in subcutaneous connective tissue.
17. Something that remunerates.
18. A bodily organ that is essential for life.
20. A long pointed rod used as a weapon.
21. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
22. Pertaining to filberts or hazelnuts.
24. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
26. A drug (trade names Calan and Isoptin) used as an oral or parenteral calcium blocker in cases of hypertension or congestive heart failure or angina or migraine.
27. German bacteriologist who isolated the anthrax bacillus and the tubercle bacillus and the cholera bacillus (1843-1910).
29. Uncertain of all claims to knowledge.
32. Desert shrub of Syria and Arabia having small white flowers.
36. Speaking a Slavic language.
37. A member of the people inhabiting an area of northern Mongolia and eastern Siberia.
39. (Greek mythology) Daughter of Zeus and Demeter.
40. Sweetened beverage of lime juice and water.
42. A soft suede leather formerly from the sheep of the chamois antelope but now from sheepskin.
43. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
44. A ballroom dance of Latin-American origin.
46. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
47. Having a list of ancestors as proof of being a purebred animal.
49. A state in the western United States.
51. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
52. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
53. Feline mammal usually having thick soft fur and being unable to roar.
56. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
60. Having a specified size.
63. Be earlier in time.
66. The process of becoming softened and saturated as a consequence of being immersed in water (or other liquid).
70. A city in central Tanzania.
73. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
74. The compass point midway between south and southeast.
75. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
78. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
79. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
80. Freetail bats.
81. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
1. Type genus of the family Ulvaceae.
2. Being four more than sixty.
3. Having relatively few calories.
4. (Greek mythology) Goddess of wisdom and useful arts and prudent warfare.
5. Without salt or seasoning.
6. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
7. The choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience.
8. A period of time spent sleeping.
9. (slang) Merchandise that is shoddy or inferior.
10. Fiddler crabs.
11. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
12. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
13. A small cake leavened with yeast.
14. The eighth month of the civil year.
19. A small recess opening off a larger room.
23. Lack of sophistication or worldliness.
25. A case or sheath especially a pollen sac or moss capsule.
28. Reverent petition to a deity.
30. Aircraft supported only by the dynamic action of air against its surfaces.
31. Given or having a specified name.
33. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
34. A large fleet.
35. An internationally recognized distress signal via radiotelephone (from the French m'aider).
38. (prefix) Reverse of or absence of.
41. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
45. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
48. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
50. Unaged colorless liquor originating in Russia.
54. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
55. The first month of the civil year.
57. Used by northerners of Confederate soldiers.
58. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
59. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
61. One of the distinct individuals forming a colonial animal such as a bryozoan or hydrozoan.
62. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
64. Danish philologist whose work on Old Norse pioneered in the field of comparative linguistics (1787-1832).
65. At a previous time.
67. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
68. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
69. Very dark black.
71. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
72. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
76. A public promotion of some product or service.
77. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.