1. An accountant certified by the state.
4. A member of the Democratic Party.
12. A widely distributed system of free and fixed macrophages derived from bone marrow.
15. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
16. Likely but not certain to be or become true or real.
17. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
18. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
20. Any admirable quality or attribute.
22. God of love and erotic desire.
24. Lacking either stimulating or irritating characteristics.
25. The early stage of growth or development.
29. A wired or starched collar of intricate lace.
32. Having or showing arrogant superiority to and disdain of those one views as unworthy.
37. Someone who rows a boat.
39. An imaginary line connecting points on the Earth's surface where the magnetic declination is the same.
40. Large recently extinct long-horned European wild ox.
41. The airforce of Great Britain.
42. Devoid of violence or disruption.
43. Hinge joint in the human leg connecting the tibia and fibula with the femur and protected in front by the patella.
44. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
46. Used in combination to denote the middle.
47. The capital and largest city of Japan.
49. Something of sentimental value.
55. Brass (or a yellow alloy resembling brass) that was hammered into thin sheets.
56. Take revenge for a perceived wrong.
59. Any of various water spirits.
60. A three-tone Chadic language.
62. Pasture grass of plains of South America and western North America.
66. Any tree or shrub of the genus Inga having pinnate leaves and showy usually white flowers.
67. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
70. A narcotic that is considered a hard drug.
71. Nearly cosmopolitan family.
73. Slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses.
74. Swift timid long-eared mammal larger than a rabbit having a divided upper lip and long hind legs.
75. A festival featuring African-American culture.
76. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
1. The quantity a cask will hold.
2. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
3. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
4. A person forced to flee from home or country.
5. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
6. Informal terms for a mother.
7. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
8. A waiter at a drive-in restaurant.
9. A run that is the result of the batter's performance.
10. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
11. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
12. God of death.
13. The part of a hammerhead opposite the flat striking surface (may have various shapes).
14. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
19. Tall feather palm of northern Brazil with hard-shelled nuts yielding valuable oil and a kind of vegetable ivory.
21. Report or maintain.
23. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
26. A unit of pressure.
27. Mostly tropical songbird.
28. British statesman who as Prime Minister bought controlling interest in the Suez Canal and made Queen Victoria the Empress of India (1804-1881).
30. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
31. Italian philosopher who used Copernican principles to develop a pantheistic monistic philosophy.
33. The federal department responsible for safeguarding national security.
34. The organization of information according to preset specifications (usually for computer processing).
35. Not like.
36. A city in the western Netherlands.
38. Tag the base runner to get him out.
45. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
48. Tall evergreen of Japan and China yielding valuable soft wood.
50. (plate tectonic theory) A hypothetical continent including all the landmass of the earth prior to the Triassic period when it split into Laurasia and Gondwanaland.
51. Of a stern or strict bearing or demeanor.
52. An organ in its earliest stage of development.
53. A statement that expresses a personal opinion or belief.
54. A geographical region of northeastern South America including Guyana and Surinam.
58. The younger brother of Edwy who became king of Northumbria when it renounced Edwy.
61. A gully that is shallower than a ravine.
63. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
64. (used of grass or vegetation) Cut down with a hand implement or machine.
65. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
68. An edge tool used to cut and shape wood.
69. The cry made by sheep.
72. Not out.