1. An index of the cost of all goods and services to a typical consumer.
4. Predict or reveal through, or as if through, divine inspiration.
12. An audiotape recording of sound.
15. A large vase that usually has a pedestal or feet.
16. Any of various showy orchids of the genus Sobralia having leafy stems and bright-colored solitary or racemose flowers similar to those of genus Cattleya.
17. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
18. A furnished sitting room with sleeping accommodations (and some plumbing).
20. A thermoplastic polyamide.
21. A light touch or stroke.
22. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
23. A radioactive transuranic element.
25. Medium-sized tree-dwelling monkey of the Amazon basin.
27. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
29. A family of languages spoken by people scattered throughout central India.
31. Any of numerous New World woodland birds having brightly colored males.
33. (of tempo) Moderately slow n.
38. United States conductor (born in Japan in 1935).
39. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
42. At full speed.
43. A polyvalent metallic element that resembles chromium and tungsten in its properties.
45. A state in northwestern North America.
47. Sandwich filled with slices of bacon and tomato with lettuce.
49. 16 ounces.
50. Decay usually accompanied by an offensive odor.
51. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
53. The cry made by sheep.
56. A city of central Russia south of Moscow.
60. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
62. Music performed for dancing the polka.
66. A strong paper or thin cardboard with a smooth light brown finish made from e.g. Manila hemp.
71. (Greek mythology) Daughter of Zeus and Demeter.
73. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
74. A master's degree in business.
75. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
76. Someone who prefers negotiations to armed conflict in the conduct of foreign relations.
78. Tag the base runner to get him out.
79. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
80. A portable rectangular traveling bag for carrying clothes.
81. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A three-dimensional shape with six square or rectangular sides.
2. Preparatory school work done outside school (especially at home).
3. A state in midwestern United States.
4. A unit of pressure.
5. A training program to prepare college students to be commissioned officers.
6. A Russian river.
7. According to need (physicians use PRN in writing prescriptions).
8. Austrian composer who influenced the classical form of the symphony (1732-1809).
9. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
10. Of or relating to the Sioux people or their language and culture.
11. A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in the Pit river valley in northern California.
12. An informal term for a father.
13. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
14. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
19. Poor handwriting.
24. A form of magnetic resonance imaging of the brain that registers blood flow to functioning areas of the brain.
26. Botswanan statesman who was the first president of Botswana (1921-1980).
28. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
30. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
32. A genus of fern sometimes placed in its own family Azollaceae.
34. Material used to daub walls.
35. The basic unit of money in Nigeria.
36. A picturesque mountainous province of western Austria.
37. Related on the mother's side.
40. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
41. A vehicle resembling a bicycle but having skis instead of wheels.
44. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
46. Showing or causing joy and pleasure.
48. Goat grass.
52. Any of numerous perennial bulbous herbs having linear or broadly lanceolate leaves and usually a single showy flower.
54. An associate degree in nursing.
55. Any of various flat-bottomed boats with sloping ends.
57. East Indian tart yellow berrylike fruit.
58. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
59. United States author (born 1932).
61. An island of central Hawaii.
63. Minute aquatic herbs floating on or below the water surface of still water consisting of a leaflike frond or plant body and single root.
64. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
65. Jordan's port.
67. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
68. The function or position properly or customarily occupied or served by another.
69. An island northwest of Wales.
70. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
72. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
77. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.