1. An artificial language that is a revision and simplification of Esperanto.
4. Occupy in an agreeable, entertaining or pleasant fashion.
11. (trademark) A tinned luncheon meat made largely from pork.
15. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
16. Genus of shrubs of southwestern United States and Mexico.
17. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
18. Water frozen in the solid state.
19. Protected from heat and light with shade or shadow.
21. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
23. The former capital and 2nd largest city of Brazil.
25. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
26. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
28. Variety of silica containing microcrystalline quartz.
30. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
33. (informal) Exceptionally good.
35. The grasses.
37. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
38. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
42. A metric unit of volume equal to one thousandth of a liter.
43. The use of nuclear magnetic resonance of protons to produce proton density images.
44. Severe spasm of pain.
46. A wealthy man (who made his fortune in the Orient).
49. The quality of a color as determined by its dominant wavelength.
50. Goddess of spring and wife of Bragi.
52. (commerce) The period of time permitted by commercial usage for the payment of a bill of exchange (especially a foreign bill of exchange).
54. Tall feather palm of northern Brazil with hard-shelled nuts yielding valuable oil and a kind of vegetable ivory.
57. A shoe consisting of a sole fastened by straps to the foot.
58. A small pendant fleshy lobe at the back of the soft palate.
60. Standard time in the 5th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 75th meridian.
62. An informal term for a father.
63. An aromatic ointment used in antiquity.
65. Swiss writer (born in Germany) whose novels and poems express his interests in Eastern spiritual values (1877-1962).
69. (trademark) An antacid.
71. Made clean.
73. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
74. Hypothetical remedy for all ills or diseases.
76. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
77. The actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group.
78. French philosopher and theologian.
79. A crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry.
1. An ancient city in Asia Minor that was the site of the Trojan War.
2. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
3. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
4. Freshwater green algae.
5. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
6. Scarabaeid beetle considered divine by ancient Egyptians.
7. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
8. A spread made chiefly from vegetable oils and used as a substitute for butter.
9. (usually followed by `of') Released from something onerous (especially an obligation or duty).
10. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
11. Bourbon with bitters and Pernod and sugar served with lemon peel.
12. Buildings for carrying on industrial labor.
13. A city in northern India.
14. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
20. Of or relating to the palm of the hand or to the area at the base of the thumb.
22. (of tempo) Leisurely n.
24. A blood clot formed within a blood vessel and remaining attached to its place of origin.
27. A Hindu prince or king in India.
29. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
31. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
32. A glass for beer.
34. A demon who swallows the sun causing eclipses.
36. Make improvements or corrections to.
39. Tropical American trees with palmately compound leaves and showy bell-shaped flowers.
40. An onerous or difficult concern.
41. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
45. The act of burying again.
47. (zoology) Of or resembling a goose.
48. Fairly small terrestrial ferns of tropical America.
51. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
53. A person who lacks good judgment.
55. A monosaccharide sugar that contains the aldehyde group or is hemiacetal.
56. The act of using.
59. Roman scholar (116-27 BC).
61. Genus of tropical plants with creeping rootstocks and small umbellate flowers.
64. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
66. An unforeseen obstacle.
67. The compass point that is one point east of southeast.
68. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
70. An accountant certified by the state.
72. (Irish) The sea personified.
75. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.