1. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
4. Increase in extent or intensity.
12. Any of various units of capacity.
15. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
16. A genus of herbs and shrubs belonging to the family Euphorbiaceae.
17. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
18. A deep orange-red variety of chalcedony.
20. An associate degree in nursing.
21. Weaken mentally or morally.
23. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
25. A Russian river.
26. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
27. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
30. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
33. A liquid preparation used on wet hair to it a tint.
36. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
40. (of securities) Not quoted on a stock exchange.
43. United States musician (born in Japan) who married John Lennon and collaborated with him on recordings (born in 1933).
44. Supplied with louvers for ventilation.
47. (electronics) Of a circuit or device having an output that is proportional to the input.
49. A short trip that is taken in the performance of a necessary task or mission.
51. An honorary degree in science.
54. Not at all or in no way.
55. Exceptionally bad or displeasing.
58. Feeling or showing extreme anger.
59. 1,000 baiza equal 1 riyal-omani.
60. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
62. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
66. An edge tool with a heavy bladed head mounted across a handle.
67. An essential amino acid found in proteins.
70. A fractional monetary unit of Japan and Indonesia and Cambodia.
71. Trees or shrubs of the families Ebenaceae or Sapotaceae or Styracaceae or Symplocaceae.
73. A state of southwestern India.
74. A doctor's degree in education.
75. An imaginary line on the surface of the earth following (approximately) the 180th meridian.
76. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
1. (heraldry) An ordinary consisting of a broad horizontal band across a shield.
2. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
3. A city in northern India.
4. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
5. Scarabaeid beetle considered divine by ancient Egyptians.
6. Any of various fissiped mammals with nonretractile claws and typically long muzzles.
7. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
8. A strong solution of sodium or potassium hydroxide.
9. Of or relating to apnea.
10. An inhabitant of ancient Thebes.
11. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
12. Pompous or pretentious talk or writing.
13. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
14. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
19. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
22. An open jar of glass or porcelain used as an ornament or to hold flowers.
24. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
28. A submachine gun operated by gas pressure.
29. Of or relating to a dialect of Sotho or the Bantu people who speak it.
31. A theatrical performer.
32. Come to pass.
34. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Bronze Age culture of Crete.
35. A genus of Hirundinidae.
37. The seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located adv.
38. A genus of Ploceidae.
39. The system of numbering pages.
41. A machine-readable version of a standard dictionary.
42. Genus of large deciduous nut-bearing trees.
45. The capital and largest city of Liechtenstein.
46. Held in slavery.
48. Anneal or toughen by a process of gradually heating and cooling.
50. Of or relating to or characteristic of Israel or its people.
52. An ax used by mountain climbers for cutting footholds in ice.
53. Of or relating to the spleen.
56. Treated with wax.
57. A cruel wicked and inhuman person.
61. A formation of people or things one beside another.
63. A feeling of intense anger.
64. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
65. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
68. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
69. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
72. Half the width of an em.