1. Acid gritty-textured fruit.
5. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
11. A material effigy that is worshipped as a god.
15. A ball of yarn or cord or thread.
16. The upper house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
17. The warhead of a missile designed to deliver an atom bomb.
18. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
19. Full of flavor.
21. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
22. A light touch or stroke.
23. East Asian perennial herbs.
25. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
27. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
29. United States composer noted for his innovative use of polytonality (1874-1954).
30. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
32. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
36. Saudi Arabian minister of petroleum who was a central figure in the creation of OPEC (born in 1930).
39. The compass point that is one point west of due north.
41. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
43. A mechanism in a firearm that ejects the empty shell case after firing.
46. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
47. A republic in the Asian subcontinent in southern Asia.
50. Covered with frost.
51. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
53. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
54. Foul with waste matter.
56. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
58. A state in east central United States.
59. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
60. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
62. A deep bow.
66. Found along western Atlantic coast.
71. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
72. Sharp piercing cry.
74. Jordan's port.
76. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
77. Of visual imagery of almost photographic accuracy.
79. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
80. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
81. A roll of ribbon.
82. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
3. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
4. A nuclear reactor that uses water as a coolant and moderator.
5. The slender spear of the Bantu-speaking people of Africa.
6. A cylindrical drawstring bag used by sailors to hold their clothing and other gear.
7. The sound made by a gentle blow.
8. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
9. A quantity of no importance.
10. A public promotion of some product or service.
11. In truth (often tends to intensify).
12. French writer remembered for his swashbuckling historical tales (1802-1870).
13. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
14. A Russian river.
20. Of or relating to the intestines.
24. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
26. A narcotic that is considered a hard drug.
28. A decree that prohibits something.
31. An avalanche volcanic water and mud down the slopes of a volcano.
33. 100 lwei equal 1 kwanza.
34. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
35. The chief source of beryllium.
37. God of death.
38. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
40. Of or relating to near the ear.
42. A unit of length equal to one thousandth of an inch.
44. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
45. Thick like cream.
48. A short film and commentary about current events.
49. Lose clarity or turn aside esp. from the main subject of attention or course of argument in writing, thinking, or speaking.
52. (pathology) An elevation of the skin filled with serous fluid.
55. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
57. 30 to 300 kilohertz.
61. The capital of Morocco.
63. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
64. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
65. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
67. Avatar of Vishnu.
68. A person who makes use of a thing.
69. Relating to the Urdu language.
70. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
73. A federation of North American industrial unions that merged with the American Federation of Labor in 1955.
75. God of the earth.
78. A ductile malleable reddish-brown corrosion-resistant diamagnetic metallic element.