1. The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet.
4. Elegance by virtue of being fashionable.
12. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
15. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
16. The amount of electromagnetic radiation leaving or arriving at a point on a surface.
17. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
18. A member of a widespread group of Amerindians living in northeastern South America.
20. Slanderous defamation.
21. How long something has existed.
22. United States anthropologist noted for his studies of culture (1876-1960).
24. A mountainous republic of south-central Europe.
26. A festival featuring African-American culture.
29. The United Nations agency concerned with the international collection of meteorological data.
30. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
33. An edge tool used to cut and shape wood.
36. A member of a people living in southern Benin and Togo and southeastern Ghana.
37. A narcotic that is considered a hard drug.
40. A city in central Texas.
44. Of or concerning this or that.
47. A three-tone Chadic language.
48. Fishes having large mouths with a wormlike filament attached for luring prey.
50. Someone (especially a woman) who annoys people by constantly finding fault.
51. A city on the River Aire in West Yorkshire in northern England.
53. German tennis player who won seven women's singles titles at Wimbledon (born in 1969).
55. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
56. That is to say.
60. The capital and largest city of Zambia.
65. Any expected deliverer.
68. (informal) Of the highest quality.
69. Hard white substance covering the crown of a tooth.
72. A device (trade name Aqua-Lung) that lets divers breathe under water.
73. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
74. French revolutionary who was prominent in the early days of the French Revolution (1749-1791).
76. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
77. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.
78. A permanent absence of rainfall.
79. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Of a period of maximal use or demand or activity.
2. A German man.
3. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
4. (of movement) At an angle.
5. Australian shrubs and small trees with evergreen usually spiny leaves and dense clusters of showy flowers.
6. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
7. An alliance made up of states that had been Soviet Socialist Republics in the Soviet Union prior to its dissolution in Dec 1991.
8. An embroidered rug made from a coarse Indian felt.
9. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
10. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
11. Short-horned dark-coated goat antelope of mountain areas of south and southeast Asia.
12. A game in which numbered balls are drawn and random and players cover the corresponding numbers on their cards.
13. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
14. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
19. Flightless New Zealand rail of thievish disposition having short wings each with a spur used in fighting.
23. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
25. Small cold-water silvery fish.
27. An angular shape characterized by sharp turns in alternating directions.
28. An antibiotic (trade name Azactam) used against severe infections.
31. Traveling by wheeled vehicle such as bicycle or automobile e.g..
32. United States industrialist who manufactured plows suitable for working the prairie soil (1804-1886).
34. Make uniform.
35. Grasslike or rushlike plant growing in wet places having solid stems, narrow grasslike leaves and spikelets of inconspicuous flowers.
38. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
39. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
41. Hardy breed of cattle resulting from crossing domestic cattle with the American buffalo.
42. The sciences concerned with gathering and manipulating and storing and retrieving and classifying recorded information.
43. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
45. The length of a line segment between the center and circumference of a circle or sphere.
46. Of a pale yellow color like straw.
49. A cruel wicked and inhuman person.
52. Argentinian cariama.
54. Ratio of the hypotenuse to the opposite side.
57. The Indic language spoken in Bihar (and by some people in Pakistan and Bangladesh).
58. A person who makes deceitful pretenses.
59. (Norse mythology) Race of ancient gods sometimes in conflict with the Aesir.
61. Type genus of Ursidae.
62. Scale-like structure between the base of the wing and the halter of a two-winged fly.
63. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
64. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
66. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
67. To run away.
70. (informal) Roused to anger.
71. The compass point that is one point north of due east.
75. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.