1. Informal terms for clothing.
5. Someone who expresses contempt or indignation by uttering a snorting sound.
12. The quantity contained in a keg.
15. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
16. Small tree or shrub of New Zealand having a profusion of axillary clusters of honey-scented paper-white flowers and whose bark is used for cordage.
17. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
18. Amphetamine used in the form of a crystalline hydrochloride.
19. Uttered in a monotonous cadence or rhythm as in chanting.
20. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
21. Covered with or as if with a glossy and usually brightly colored coating.
23. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
25. A permanent council of the United Nations.
27. Chinese Taoist sect claiming to follow the teaching of Lao-tzu but also incorporating pantheism and sorcery.
29. (Judaism) A Jewish festival (traditionally 8 days) celebrating the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt.
32. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
34. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
35. Take away the weapons from.
39. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
43. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
45. The capital of Bahrain.
47. Tropical American insectivorous bird having a long sharp bill and iridescent green or bronze plumage.
49. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
51. A sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow).
52. Highly excited.
53. Realistic Norwegian author who wrote plays on social and political themes (1828-1906).
56. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
57. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
62. The capital and chief port and largest city of Senegal.
64. A city in northwestern Mexico near the California border.
67. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
71. A port city in southwestern Iran.
72. Tropical American trees with palmately compound leaves and showy bell-shaped flowers.
75. The cry made by sheep.
76. Mythical bird of prey having enormous size and strength.
77. A recognition of meritorious service.
79. A run that is the result of the batter's performance.
80. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
81. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
82. Of a dull grayish brown to brownish gray color.
1. A (usually) large and scholarly book.
2. Affording unobstructed entrance and exit.
3. Footwear usually with wooden soles.
4. (slang) A batch of things that go together.
5. The second great battle of the American Civil War (1862).
6. The fifth of the seven canonical hours.
7. Be or do something to a greater degree.
8. The 17th letter of the Greek alphabet.
9. Have a tendency or disposition to do or be something.
10. Upright in position or posture.
11. Having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies.
12. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
13. United States anatomist who identified four pituitary hormones and discovered vitamin E (1882-1971).
14. (Jewish folklore) An artificially created human being that is given life by supernatural means.
22. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
24. Antipsychotic drug (trade name Moban) used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
26. Soft decayed area in a tooth.
28. A public promotion of some product or service.
30. Put into a rage.
31. United States anarchist (born in Italy) who with Bartolomeo Vanzetti was convicted of murder and in spite of world-wide protest was executed (1891-1927).
33. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
36. Trade name for an oral contraceptive containing norethindrone and mestranol.
37. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
38. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
40. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
41. (computer science) A system of world-wide electronic communication in which a computer user can compose a message at one terminal that is generated at the recipient's terminal when he logs in.
42. Dark somewhat brownish black n 1.
44. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
46. An associate degree in nursing.
48. A lizard of the family Agamidae.
50. A Russian river.
54. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
55. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
58. Leave a camp.
59. A genus of orb-weaving spiders including common garden spiders and barn spiders.
60. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
61. Marked by strict and particular and complete accordance with fact.
63. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
65. Very dark black.
66. (computer science) A graphic symbol (usually a simple picture) that denotes a program or a command or a data file or a concept in a graphical user interface.
68. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
69. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
70. A quantity that is added.
73. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
74. Being one more than two.
78. A form of address for a man.