1. An insecticide that is also toxic to animals and humans.
4. A member of an Indian people formerly living along the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
11. Cloak that is folded or wrapped around a person.
15. The quality of a color as determined by its dominant wavelength.
16. Arranged in or consisting of laminae.
17. A Loloish language.
18. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
19. Large Old World butterflies.
20. Very dark black.
21. Straggling shrub with narrow leaves and conspicuous red flowers in dense globular racemes.
23. Avoiding waste.
25. A long narrow passage (as in a cave or woods).
31. The Judeo-Christian God.
35. Type genus of the family Ostreidae.
37. 100 halers equal 1 koruna.
38. A monocotyledonous genus of the family Iridaceae.
40. A committee in the executive branch of government that advises the president on foreign and military and national security.
41. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
42. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
44. Marked by great carelessness.
48. Armor plate that protects legs below the knee.
50. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
51. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
52. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
53. The portion of the vertebrate nervous system consisting of the brain and spinal cord.
55. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
57. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
59. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
62. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
66. A hostel for pilgrims in Turkey.
67. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
68. Commercially important fish of the North American Pacific coast.
72. A person of subnormal intelligence.
73. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
74. Highly attractive and able to arouse hope or desire.
76. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
77. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
78. Lack of strength or vigor esp from illness.
79. (Norse mythology) God of war and strife and son of Odin.
1. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
2. Port city in the United Arab Emirates on the Persian Gulf.
3. The process of shedding tears (usually accompanied by sobs or other inarticulate sounds).
4. Having winglike extensions.
5. Thin fibrous bark of the paper mulberry and Pipturus albidus.
6. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
7. A case for containing a set of articles.
8. (Babylonian) The sky god.
9. A unit of astronomical length based on the distance from Earth at which stellar parallax is 1 second of arc.
10. A member of a North American Plains people (now living in Oklahoma and Wyoming).
11. In consequence of which.
12. Marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea.
13. Sweet pulpy tropical fruit with thick scaly rind and shiny black seeds.
14. A river in western Thailand.
22. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
24. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
26. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
27. Discrimination against people who are overweight.
28. The apse of a Christian church that contains the bishop's throne.
29. Swiss writer (born in Germany) whose novels and poems express his interests in Eastern spiritual values (1877-1962).
30. A civil or military authority in Turkey or Egypt.
32. A switch made from the stems of the rattan palms.
33. Fragrant resin obtain from trees of the family Burseraceae and used as incense.
34. A tall perennial woody plant having a main trunk and branches forming a distinct elevated crown.
36. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
39. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
43. A broad band that passes over the back of a horse and supports the shafts of a vehicle.
45. (informal) Of the highest quality.
46. Low stingless nettle of Central and South America having velvety brownish-green toothed leaves and clusters of small green flowers.
47. Something whose name is either forgotten or not known.
49. (pathology) An elevation of the skin filled with serous fluid.
54. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
56. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
58. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
60. Any of numerous plants widely cultivated for their showy single or double red or pink or white flowers.
61. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
63. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
64. Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
65. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
69. An infection of the sebaceous gland of the eyelid.
70. Ancient Hebrew unit of liquid measure = 1.5 gallons.
71. The shape of a raised edge of a more or less circular object.
75. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.