1. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
4. Be pregnant with.
11. A heavy long-handled hammer used to drive stakes or wedges.
15. A person active in party politics.
16. Not mined.
17. God of fire.
18. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
19. The capital of Cameroon.
20. Most important element.
21. Take someone's car from him by force.
23. An embroidered rug made from a coarse Indian felt.
25. English geologist remembered as the first person to recognize that dinosaurs were reptiles (1790-1852).
26. A written agreement between two states or sovereigns.
27. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
29. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
30. Jordan's port.
31. Sailing close to the wind v 1.
39. A law passed by US Congress to prevent employees from being injured or contracting diseases in the course of their employment.
40. Floor covering consisting of a piece of thick heavy fabric (usually with nap or pile).
41. A very wealthy or powerful businessman.
43. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
44. Genus of Eurasian spiny shrubs.
45. (prefix) In front of or before in space.
46. One of the four countries that make up the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
49. Moth having nonfunctional mouthparts as adults.
50. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
51. Sole genus of the family Naiadaceae.
54. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
55. Of or relating to a seizure or convulsion.
58. The largest and southernmost island in the Marianas.
60. Affectedly trendy.
67. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
68. Enlarged beyond truth or reasonableness.
71. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
72. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
73. Health care for the aged.
74. A kind of person.
75. The basic unit of money in Albania.
76. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
77. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
1. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
2. (Greek mythology) Daughter of Zeus and Demeter.
3. Fear resulting from the awareness of danger.
4. A republic in northeastern South America.
5. Order by virtue of superior authority.
6. A cloud of fine particles suspended in a gas.
7. God of war and sky.
8. Shaped like a ring.
9. (Brit) A tough youth of 1950's and 1960's wearing Edwardian style clothes.
10. Order of mammals having few or no teeth including.
11. American and Asiatic trees having edible one-seeded fruit.
12. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
13. A member of the Uniat Church.
14. An energetic American dance that was popular in the 1930s (probably named for the aviator Charles Lindbergh).
22. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
24. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
28. United States baseball player (born in 1920).
32. A corporation authorized by Congress to provide a secondary market for residential mortgages.
33. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
34. A family of languages of the Fula people of west Africa in the sub-Sahara regions from Senegal to Chad.
35. How long something has existed.
36. A large heavy knife used in Central and South America as a weapon or for cutting vegetation.
37. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
38. United States industrialist who manufactured plows suitable for working the prairie soil (1804-1886).
42. Shrub bearing oval-fruited kumquats.
47. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
48. A literary language of Chinese Turkestan (named for one of the sons of Genghis Khan).
52. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
53. Of surpassing excellence.
56. Intelligent somewhat arboreal ape of equatorial African forests.
57. Infections of the skin or nails caused by fungi and appearing as itching circular patches.
59. Type genus of the Ardeidae.
61. Stable gear consisting of either of two curved supports that are attached to the collar of a draft horse and that hold the traces.
62. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
63. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
64. Set down according to a plan.
65. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
66. A reason for wanting something done.
69. 32nd President of the United States.
70. United States sculptor and architect whose public works include the memorial to veterans of the Vietnam War in Washington (born in 1959).