1. An affirmative.
4. A city in Taiwan.
12. Inquire about.
15. The administration of a strong electric current that passes through the brain to induce convulsions and coma.
16. A genus of Portunidae.
17. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
18. A state in northwestern North America.
20. (prefix) Between or among or in the midst of.
21. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
22. Relating to or derived from or resembling tartar.
23. A doctor's degree in optometry.
25. The dense colorless framework of a chloroplast.
26. A spring-flowering shrub or small tree of the genus Crataegus.
28. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
29. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
30. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
32. A large mountain system in south-central Europe.
36. A diacritical mark (an inverted circumflex) placed above certain letters (such as c) to indicate pronunciation.
40. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
42. Very dark black.
45. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
49. The elasticity of something that can be stretched and returns to its original length.
50. Situated in a particular spot or position.
52. The content of cognition.
53. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
54. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
57. (Old Testament) The wife of Abraham and mother of Isaac.
60. A covered cistern.
63. Slightly open.
64. South American shrub or small tree having long shining evergreen leaves and panicles of green or yellow flowers.
65. A resource.
68. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
70. Being one more than fifty.
73. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
74. French philosopher and theologian.
77. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
78. An associate degree in applied science.
79. A festival featuring African-American culture.
80. (prefix) Outside or outer.
1. Irish poet and dramatist (1865-1939).
2. Enthusiastic approval.
3. Rock star and drummer for the Beatles (born in 1940).
4. A doughnut-shaped chamber used in fusion research.
5. Evergreen Indian shrub with vivid yellow flowers whose bark is used in tanning.
6. A state in midwestern United States.
7. A trite or obvious remark.
8. Ancient Hebrew unit of liquid measure = 1.5 gallons.
9. Of or located in the upper part of a town.
10. A condition requiring relief.
11. A change in the electrical properties of the skin in response to stress or anxiety.
12. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
13. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
14. God of love and erotic desire.
19. Taken dishonestly.
24. A cylindrical drawstring bag used by sailors to hold their clothing and other gear.
27. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
31. Jordan's port.
33. Arranged in or consisting of laminae.
34. The town was taken from the Turks by the Russians in 1877 after a siege of 143 days.
35. A cotton fabric with a satiny finish.
37. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
38. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
39. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
41. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
43. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
44. The time of life between the ages of 12 and 20.
46. Not only so, but.
47. A kiln used to reduce naturally occuring forms of calcium carbonate to lime.
48. A port city of south central Ukraine on an arm of the Black Sea.
51. Green algae common in freshwater lakes of limestone districts.
55. Small spiny outgrowth on the wings of certain insects.
56. One of the inherent cognitive or perceptual powers of the mind.
58. A genus of Platalea.
59. A bar or bars of rolled steel making a track along which vehicles can roll.
61. A genus of Ploceidae.
62. A slippery or viscous liquid or liquefiable substance not miscible with water.
66. Interchangeable with `means' in the expression `by dint of'.
67. Panel forming the lower part of an interior wall when it is finished differently from the rest.
69. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
71. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
72. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
75. The use of bacteria or viruses of toxins to destroy men and animals or food.
76. The azimuth of a celestial body is the angle between the vertical plane containing it and the plane of the meridian.