1. The unit of frequency.
4. (zoology) Lacking a tail or taillike appendage.
12. Piece of solid food for dipping in a liquid.
15. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
16. Ornamental objects of no great value.
17. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
18. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
19. Third month of the Revolutionary calendar (November and December).
20. God of the earth.
21. (anatomy) Of or relating to the fauces.
23. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
24. Type genus of the Phocidae.
26. The Jewish rite of circumcision performed on a male child on the eighth day of his life.
27. A state in New England.
29. Become imbued.
31. A state in east central United States.
32. Port city of Denmark in eastern Jutland.
36. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
37. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
39. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
41. An island republic on Nauru Island.
42. A family of birds of the suborder Oscines.
46. A ballplayer who is batting.
48. An informal term for a father.
49. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
51. Any of various young herrings (other than brislings) canned as sardines in Norway.
52. Jordan's port.
54. A city in northwestern Turkey.
55. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
56. Fallow deer.
60. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.
61. A Loloish language.
62. A fraudulent business scheme.
64. Indonesian statesman who obtained the independence of Indonesia from the Netherlands in 1949 and served as president until ousted by Suharto in a coup d'etat (1901-1970).
69. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
71. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
74. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
75. (used especially of glances) Directed to one side with or as if with doubt or suspicion or envy.
78. Toward the mouth or oral region.
79. An advanced law degree.
80. A man who serves as a sailor.
81. Portuguese explorer who in 1488 was the first European to get round the Cape of Good Hope (thus establishing a sea route from the Atlantic to Asia) (1450-1500).
82. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
83. A deciduous tree of the family Ulmaceae that grows in the southeastern United States.
84. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
1. A musical notation written on a staff indicating the pitch of the notes following it.
2. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
3. Protective garment worn by surgeons during operations.
4. A vaguely specified concern.
5. A town in southeastern New Mexico on the Pecos River near the Mexican border.
6. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
7. A member of the Finno-Ugric-speaking people living in eastern European Russia.
8. Method or manner of conduct in relation to others.
9. Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed.
10. Any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue.
11. Five-toed pachyderm.
12. Powdery starch from certain sago palms.
13. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
14. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
22. United States physician who specialized in diseases of the intestines.
25. Cause to suffer.
28. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
30. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
33. Containing or characterized by a great deal of water vapor.
34. A family of Ural-Altaic languages.
35. Break apart or in two, using violence.
38. United States film actress (born in Sweden) known for her reclusiveness (1905-1990).
40. Lower in esteem.
43. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
44. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
45. At or near the beginning of a period of time or course of events or before the usual or expected time.
47. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
50. Cut into long thin strips.
53. A small cake leavened with yeast.
57. Used at the dining table.
58. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
59. An Asian temple.
63. A dark region of considerable extent on the surface of the moon.
65. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
66. God of love and erotic desire.
67. An inclined surface or roadway that moves traffic from one level to another.
68. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
70. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
72. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
73. An edge tool used to cut and shape wood.
76. Belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself).
77. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.