1. A connecting point at which several lines come together.
5. Pertaining to or characteristic of an ascetic.
12. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
15. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
16. The capital and largest city of Uganda on the north shore of Lake Victoria.
17. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
18. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
19. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
20. A support that steadies or strengthens something else.
22. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
23. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
26. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
29. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
32. The food served and eaten at one time.
33. An emotion experienced in anticipation of some specific pain or danger (usually accompanied by a desire to flee or fight).
37. A piece of jewelry that is pinned onto the wearer's garment.
38. Fertility goddess in ancient Greek mythology.
40. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
41. A rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders).
42. United States physicist (born in Austria) who proposed the exclusion principle (thus providing a theoretical basis for the periodic table) (1900-1958).
44. An associate degree in nursing.
45. Of or relating to or characteristic of Asia or the peoples of Asia or their languages or culture.
46. (anatomy) Of or relating to a cavity or chamber in the body (especially one of the upper chambers of the heart).
47. A hand with the fingers clenched in the palm (as for hitting).
48. The provision of money temporarily (usually at interest).
52. A federally chartered corporation that purchases mortgages.
53. A unit of luminous flux equal to the amount of light given out through a solid angle of 1 steradian by a point source of 1 candela intensity radiating uniformly in all directions.
55. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
57. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
60. Enthusiastic approval.
63. A village of huts for native Africans in southern Africa.
66. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
70. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
71. The capital of Eritrea.
75. White crystalline compound used as a food additive to enhance flavor.
76. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
78. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
79. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
80. Low stingless nettle of Central and South America having velvety brownish-green toothed leaves and clusters of small green flowers.
81. A woolen cap of Scottish origin.
1. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
2. A European river.
3. An informal term for a father.
4. American inventor.
5. Jordan's port.
6. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
7. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
8. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
9. The bill in a restaurant.
10. Being nine more than forty.
11. A clique that seeks power usually through intrigue.
12. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
13. Grains used as food either unpolished or more often polished.
14. On or toward the lee.
21. Disparaging terms for the common people.
24. Small toothless anteater with prehensile tale and four-clawed forelimbs.
25. A pale rose-colored variety of the ruby spinel.
27. A dark region of considerable extent on the surface of the moon.
28. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
30. Microscopic unicellular marine or freshwater colonial alga having cell walls impregnated with silica.
31. Frogs, toads, tree toads.
34. The act of consuming food.
35. Small genus of aquatic or semiaquatic plants.
36. Of or involving the rectum.
39. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
43. A mobile mass of muscular tissue covered with mucous membrane and located in the oral cavity.
49. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
50. A proposition deducible from basic postulates.
51. Great in vertical dimension.
54. A Loloish language.
56. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
58. Above average in size or number or quantity or magnitude or extent.
59. A fastener (as a buckle or hook) that is used to hold two things together.
61. An African river that flows northwest into Lake Chad.
62. A slight amount or degree of difference.
64. Uttering in an irritated tone.
65. A Chadic language spoken in Chad.
67. The handle of a weapon or tool.
68. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
69. A signal transmitted along a narrow path.
72. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
73. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
74. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
77. Being nine more than ninety.