1. A swindle in which you cheat at gambling or persuade a person to buy worthless property.
4. (anatomy) Of or relating to a chiasm.
12. (computer science) A computer that is running software that allows users to leave messages and access information of general interest.
15. Fish eggs or egg-filled ovary.
16. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the western Dakotas.
17. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
18. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
19. (of pictures) Not having shadow represented.
20. The cry made by sheep.
21. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
23. A mountain lake (especially one formed by glaciers).
25. A recognizable kind.
26. Suggestive of the supernatural.
28. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
32. Scottish explorer who led Arctic expeditions that yielded geographic discoveries while searching for the Northwest Passage (1777-1856).
36. A manner of speaking that is natural to native speakers of a language.
38. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
40. A Dravidian language spoken in southern India.
43. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
44. The airforce of Great Britain.
46. Having abnormal sagging of the spine (especially in horses).
50. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
51. Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
52. Inability to walk.
56. A Russian river.
58. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
60. Thick heavy expensive material with a raised pattern.
64. 1 species.
69. A port city and resort in Andalusia in southern Spain on the Mediterranean.
71. Excellent and delightful in all respects.
72. (Hawaiian) A small guitar having four strings.
73. Stain (furniture) black to make it look like ebony.
76. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
77. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
78. A yellow viscous animal oil extracted from wool.
79. World's longest river (4187 miles).
1. One-hundredth of a right angle.
2. United States baseball player (born 1925).
3. Any of several varieties of red-skinned apple.
4. Informal terms for a meal.
5. A member of a nomadic people who invaded Europe in the 4th century.
6. In or of the present month.
7. A Loloish language.
8. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
9. Obsolete terms for legal insanity.
10. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
11. A boy or man.
12. A small cake leavened with yeast.
13. Any of various edible seeds of plants of the family Leguminosae.
14. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
22. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
24. (formal) A person who announces important news.
27. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
29. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
30. French cabaret singer (1915-1963).
31. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
33. A member of the Siouan people formerly inhabiting the Black Hills of western South Dakota.
34. The upper house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
35. East Indian annual erect herb.
37. Female equine animal.
39. Type genus of the Ranidae.
41. An informal term for a father.
42. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
45. A port city in southeastern Apulia in Italy.
47. A heavy precious metallic element.
48. Type genus of the Phocidae.
49. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
53. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
54. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
55. (Arthurian legend) The battlefield where King Arthur was mortally wounded.
57. Glazed yeast-raised doughnut-shaped roll with hard crust.
59. A loud utterance.
61. A dissolute man in fashionable society.
62. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
63. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
65. Chief port of Yemen.
66. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
67. The basic unit of money in Iran.
68. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
70. United States musician (born in Japan) who married John Lennon and collaborated with him on recordings (born in 1933).
74. In operation or operational.
75. Being nine more than forty.