1. Interface consisting of a standard port between a computer and its peripherals that is used in some computers.
5. Stem of the rattan palm used for making canes and umbrella handles.
12. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
15. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
16. Someone who supports or champions something.
17. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
18. A city in northwestern Syria.
19. A regular patron.
20. A type of submachine gun that is designed and manufactured in Israel.
21. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
23. A recurring sleep state during which dreaming occurs.
24. A fixed number of lines of verse forming a unit of a poem.
26. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
28. A member of the Nahuatl people who established an empire in Mexico that was overthrown by Cortes in 1519.
30. A protein substance that remains when starch is removed from cereal grains.
34. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
38. A local computer network for communication between computers.
39. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
40. United States collector and patron of art who built a museum in Boston to house her collection and opened it to the public in 1903 (1840-1924).
41. Relating to bone or to the skeleton.
44. A very light brown.
45. A cgs unit of work or energy.
46. North American evergreen with small pinkish bell-shaped flowers and oblong leaves used formerly for shinplasters.
50. A small hard fruit.
51. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
52. The sensation that results when olfactory receptors in the nose are stimulated by particular chemicals in gaseous form.
53. Type genus of the Ardeidae.
57. A Loloish language.
58. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
59. Moth whose larvae are flour moths.
63. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
66. A genus of Fringillidae.
67. Range of what one can know or understand.
70. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
71. A distinctive odor that is offensively unpleasant.
73. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
74. A composition that imitates somebody's style in a humorous way.
76. In bed.
77. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
78. (zoology) Relating to or belonging to or characteristic of any worms of the phylum Annelida.
79. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
1. Bony flesh of herring-like fish usually caught during their migration to fresh water for spawning.
2. City in southwestern Colombia in a rich agricultural area.
3. A person with unusual powers of foresight.
4. The striking of one body against another.
5. A hormone secreted by the anterior pituitary gland that controls the degree of pigmentation in melanocytes.
6. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
7. (anatomy) A somewhat rounded subdivision of a bodily organ or part.
8. Of the appetites and passions of the body.
9. Standard time in the 6th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 90th meridian.
10. French underwater explorer (born in 1910).
11. A sharp narrow ridge found in rugged mountains.
12. Goddess of spring and wife of Bragi.
13. Harass with persistent criticism or carping.
14. Type genus of the Amiidae.
22. Of or relating to a creed.
25. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
27. In operation or operational.
29. The capital of Croatia.
31. A driver who urges the animals on with lashes of a whip.
32. Not tied.
33. Cattle that are reared for their meat.
35. Administer an oil or ointment to.
36. In an unnatural eery manner.
37. Wild sheep of semidesert regions in central Asia.
42. Having come or been brought to a conclusion.
43. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
47. A resident of Arkansas.
48. Small shrubby African tree having compound leaves and racemes of small fragrant green flowers.
49. Expel, as of gases and odors.
54. Wool of the alpaca.
55. Of or concerning the face.
56. Used especially of feelings of defeat and discouragement.
60. (KNO3) Used especially as a fertilizer and explosive.
61. A Dravidian language spoken by the Gond people in south central India.
62. Jordan's port.
64. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
65. God of death.
68. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
69. A quantity of no importance.
72. An informal term for a father.
75. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.