1. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
4. A long narrow opening.
12. An insecticide that is also toxic to animals and humans.
15. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
16. Annual grown especially for its fragrant golden nocturnal flowers.
17. An associate degree in applied science.
18. (informal) Exceptionally good.
19. Type genus of the Rutaceae.
20. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
21. (usually followed by `to') Naturally disposed toward.
25. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
27. An anxiety disorder associated with serious traumatic events and characterized by such symptoms as guilt about surviving or reliving the trauma in dreams or numbness and lack of involvement with reality or recurrent thoughts and images.
29. The basic unit of money in Spain.
33. Unpleasantly stern.
37. A gliding joint between the distal ends of the tibia and fibula and the proximal end of the talus.
38. Hinge joint in the human leg connecting the tibia and fibula with the femur and protected in front by the patella.
40. Cook and make edible by putting in a hot oven.
41. Having or showing or requiring special skill.
44. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
45. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
46. Resembling or characteristic of a prophet or prophecy.
49. An artificial language that is a revision and simplification of Esperanto.
50. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
53. Egyptian statesman who became president in 1981 after Sadat was assassinated (born in 1929).
57. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
58. Designating a solution containing 1 mole of solute per 1000 grams of solvent.
59. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
60. English illustrator of several of Dickens' novels (1815-1882).
62. The Creator.
69. An island of central Hawaii.
72. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
73. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
74. A person with the same name as another.
77. An informal debt instrument.
78. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity equal to 10 decibels.
79. Administer or bestow, as in small portions.
80. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
1. A small cake leavened with yeast.
2. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
3. The fleshy part of the human body that you sit on.
4. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
5. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
6. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
7. An elongated leather strip (or or strip of similar material) for binding things together or holding something in position.
8. The immaterial part of a person.
9. Not provided with a special tip.
10. Showing or feeling mirth or pleasure or happiness.
11. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
12. Panel forming the lower part of an interior wall when it is finished differently from the rest.
13. An informal term for a father.
14. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
22. Render verbally, "recite a poem".
23. A polyvalent metallic element that resembles chromium and tungsten in its properties.
24. The residue that remains when something is burned.
26. The region of the body of a vertebrate between the thorax and the pelvis.
28. A light touch or stroke.
30. (Sumerian) Legendary friend of Gilgamish.
31. A vehicle resembling a bicycle but having skis instead of wheels.
32. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
34. Of or related to genetically distinguished groups of people.
35. God of war.
36. A respondent who avoids giving a clear direct answer.
39. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
42. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
43. A Nilotic language.
47. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
48. A selective-serotonin reuptake inhibitor commonly prescribed as an antidepressant (trade name Prozac).
51. A windlass rotated in a horizontal plane.
52. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
54. A Loloish language.
55. Put in the mind of someone.
56. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
61. Large strong hand (as of a fighter).
63. A rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders).
64. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
65. Affected manners intended to impress others.
66. The habitation of wild animals.
67. Very dark black.
68. Largest known toad species.
70. A syndrome that occurs in many women from 2 to 14 days before the onset of menstruation.
71. (informal) Informed about the latest trends.
75. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
76. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.