1. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
4. Qualities that are comparable.
11. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
15. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
16. Only the bowfins.
17. Being the only one.
18. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
19. Forbidden by law.
21. A woman sahib.
24. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
26. In or of the present month.
29. Lacking excess flesh.
33. Vietnamese New Year.
35. An inflammatory swelling or sore.
36. Divulge information or secrets.
38. United States industrialist who manufactured vacuum cleaners (1849-1932).
41. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
43. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
44. The capital of Eritrea.
45. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
46. Smeared thickly.
48. A city in northeastern Ukraine.
51. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.
52. A long narrow excavation in the earth.
54. A city in northeastern Ohio.
57. The habitation of wild animals.
59. An advanced student or graduate in medicine gaining supervised practical experience (`houseman' is a British term).
62. A vast Asian region of Russia.
67. A railcar where passengers ride.
69. A metrical unit with unstressed-unstressed-stressed syllables.
70. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
71. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
73. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
74. A doctor's degree in education.
75. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
76. (Irish) The sea personified.
1. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
2. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
3. Burrowing marine mollusk living on sand or mud.
4. A clique that seeks power usually through intrigue.
5. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
6. A British imperial capacity measure (liquid or dry) equal to 1/60th fluid dram or 0.059194 cubic centimeters.
7. A game played on a sloping board.
8. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
9. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
10. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
11. The hard cylindrical core that bears the kernels of an ear of corn.
12. Squash bugs.
13. Sustentacular tissue that surrounds and supports neurons in the central nervous system.
14. An unfledged or nestling hawk.
20. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
22. Be seated.
23. A Dravidian language spoken in southern India.
25. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
27. A river that rises in eastern Kansas and flows eastward into Oklahoma to become a tributary of the Arkansas River.
28. A minute epidermal pore in a leaf or stem.
30. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
31. Australasian kingfishers.
32. A port city in southwestern Iran.
34. An incidental benefit awarded for certain types of employment (especially if it is regarded as a right).
37. Of or relating to or affecting a lobe.
39. Dutch painter renowned for his use of light (1632-1675).
40. A sudden short attack.
42. Fallow deer.
47. Activity involved in maintaining something in good working order.
49. Sour-tasting liquid produced usually by oxidation of the alcohol in wine or cider and used as a condiment or food preservative.
50. European annual grown for forage.
53. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
55. A violin made by Antonio Stradivari or a member of his family.
56. (of something seen or heard) Clearly defined.
58. (Sumerian and Babylonian) A solar deity.
60. The back side of the neck.
61. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
63. A small cake leavened with yeast.
64. Being or occurring in fact or actuality.
65. A small island.
66. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
68. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
72. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.