1. The residue that remains when something is burned.
4. Under the influence of a sedative drug.
11. An explosive device fused to denote under specific conditions.
15. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
16. A member of the Caddo people who formerly lived in the Dakotas west of the Missouri river.
17. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
18. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
19. Continuing or enduring without marked change in status or condition or place.
20. English monk and scholar (672-735).
21. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
23. According to need (physicians use PRN in writing prescriptions).
24. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
27. Small genus of mediterranean shrubs.
29. A public promotion of some product or service.
30. United States neoclassical architect (1847-1909).
32. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
33. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
36. A port city in northwestern Algeria and the country's 2nd largest city.
39. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
42. Relating to or designating languages that possess characteristics of Bantu.
46. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
47. Hormones (estrogen and progestin) are given to postmenopausal women.
50. A crystalline metallic element not found in nature.
51. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
53. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
54. A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in the Pit river valley in northern California.
57. The ripened and variously modified walls of a plant ovary.
60. French educator who lost his sight at the age of three and who invented a system of writing and printing for sightless people (1809-152).
62. A Muslim trained in the doctrine and law of Islam.
63. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
64. Isolated from others.
66. Meat from a domestic hog or pig.
68. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
71. The outermost (and toughest) of the 3 meninges.
74. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
75. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
76. Taken without permission or consent especially by public authority.
77. The basic unit of money in Iran.
78. Produced by a manufacturing process.
79. Type genus of the Alcedinidae.
80. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
1. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
2. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
3. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
4. A deep bow.
5. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
6. Spread abroad or out.
7. A female actor.
8. The state of being contaminated.
9. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
10. Source of a tough elastic wood.
11. A small cake leavened with yeast.
12. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
13. Genus of sticky herbs with yellow flowers open in morning or evening but closed in bright light.
14. Food made from dough of flour or meal and usually raised with yeast or baking powder and then baked.
22. An architectural support or base (as for a column or statue).
25. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
26. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
28. A state in northwestern North America.
31. Annual or perennial herbs with large leaves that resemble the leaves of cabbages.
34. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
35. The cry made by sheep.
37. Of or relating to or located in or near the mitral valve.
38. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
40. Of or relating to a seizure or convulsion.
41. A hidden storage space (for money or provisions or weapons).
43. An authoritative person who divines the future.
44. Relating to or resembling or made of or adorned with pearls or mother-of-pearl.
45. An associate degree in nursing.
48. Characteristic of or suffering from kyphosis, an abnormality of the vertebral column.
49. Unsupported by other people.
52. Protected by armor (used of persons or things military).
55. Waterfall in Canada is the Horseshoe Falls.
56. Large genus of Australian evergreen shrubs or small trees with large daisylike flowers.
58. Add ions to.
59. Lower oneself with a double rope coiled aroound the body from a mountainside.
61. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
65. A Bantu language spoken in southern Zaire.
67. Tear down so as to make flat with the ground.
69. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
70. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
72. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
73. The capital and largest city of Japan.