1. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
4. City in central Iran.
12. Relating to a recently developed fashion or style.
15. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
16. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
17. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
18. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
19. Any malignant growth or tumor caused by abnormal and uncontrolled cell division.
20. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
22. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
24. Lacking sufficient water or rainfall.
25. A law passed by US Congress to prevent employees from being injured or contracting diseases in the course of their employment.
26. A public promotion of some product or service.
29. A unit of energy equal to the work done by an electron accelerated through a potential difference of 1 volt.
31. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
33. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
35. Re-establish on a new, usually improved, basis or make new or like new.
39. The sound made by a gentle blow.
42. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
45. (Greek mythology) Daughter of Zeus and Demeter.
46. United States operatic soprano (1903-1972).
49. The molecular weight of a substance expressed in grams.
50. The seventh month of the Hindu calendar.
51. The largest continent with 60% of the earth's population.
56. Money in the form of bills or coins.
58. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
59. A city in western Lithuania on the Baltic Sea.
61. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
62. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
63. A bachelor's degree in theology.
64. Port city on southern Honshu on Osaka Bay.
67. Large arboreal boa of tropical South America.
71. A large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments).
72. A change in the electrical properties of the skin in response to stress or anxiety.
75. A hidden storage space (for money or provisions or weapons).
76. A pointed tool for marking surfaces or for punching small holes.
78. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
80. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
81. Type genus of the Balaenidae.
84. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
85. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
86. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
87. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. In the Roman calendar.
2. A Spanish unit of length (about a yard) having different values in different localities.
3. Jordan's port.
4. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
5. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
6. Cooking utensil consisting of a wide metal vessel.
7. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
8. United States industrialist who manufactured plows suitable for working the prairie soil (1804-1886).
9. Someone who arrives (or has arrived).
10. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
11. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
12. A mound of fatty tissue covering the pubic area in women.
13. An endorsement.
14. An informal term for a father.
21. Ratio of the hypotenuse to the opposite side.
23. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
27. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
28. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
30. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
32. Of or relating to or near the tarsus of the foot.
34. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
36. A member of a people who have no permanent home but move about according to the seasons.
37. Worn away as by water or ice or wind.
38. Polish labor leader and statesman (born in 1943).
40. A fractional monetary unit in Bangladesh and India and Nepal and Pakistan.
41. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
43. Type genus of the Amiidae.
44. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
47. Unfasten or release from or as if from a hitch.
48. Set down according to a plan.
52. White Southerner supporting Reconstruction policies after the Civil War usually for self-interest.
53. A farewell remark.
54. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
55. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
57. The compass point that is one point north of northeast.
60. The cardinal number that is the sum of four and one.
65. Wood of a sumac.
66. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
68. Medium-sized tree having glossy lanceolate leaves.
69. The highest level or degree attainable.
70. (British) An open river valley (in a hilly area).
73. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
74. Avatar of Vishnu.
77. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
79. Support resembling the rib of an animal.
82. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
83. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.