1. Any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse.
4. Marked by utter benignity.
11. Toward the mouth or oral region.
15. How long something has existed.
16. A republic in southeastern Europe.
17. A quantity of no importance.
18. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
19. Decisively defeated in combat.
21. Coming into existence.
23. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
24. Someone who consumes food for nourishment.
25. Improved or corrected by critical editing.
27. A person who designs and writes and tests computer programs.
29. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
33. A sculpture representing a human or animal.
38. Type genus of the Gliridae.
39. A member of a North American Indian people living around the mouth of the Colorado river.
41. A public promotion of some product or service.
43. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
44. Leave someone who needs or counts on you.
47. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
48. (British) Diesel oil used in cars and lorries with diesel engines (from d(iesel) e(ngine) r(oad) v(ehicle)).
50. Widely distributed lichens usually having a grayish or yellow pendulous freely branched thallus.
51. A recurring sleep state during which dreaming occurs.
52. The wood of the sabicu which resembles mahogany.
55. Turn pale, as if in fear.
57. A dead body that has been brought back to life by a supernatural force.
59. A member of the Wakashan people living on Vancouver Island and in the Cape Flattery region of northwestern Washington.
63. A farewell remark.
66. A genetically engineered anti-TNF compound (trade name Enbrel) consisting of receptors that bind TNF.
67. A platform built out from the shore into the water and supported by piles.
68. A Greek epic poem (attributed to Homer) describing the siege of Troy.
71. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
72. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
73. The slender spear of the Bantu-speaking people of Africa.
75. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
76. The compass point that is one point north of due west.
77. Small genus of cormous perennials of Mexico.
78. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
2. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
3. The fourth month of the civil year.
4. A distinct and often subordinate group within a group.
5. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
6. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
7. Chew the fat.
8. Neckwear consisting of a long narrow piece of material worn (mostly by men) under a collar and tied in knot at the front.
9. The feeling of being bored by something tedious.
10. A Mid-Atlantic state.
11. A member of the Iroquoian people formerly living between Lake Chaplain and the Saint Lawrence River.
12. (the feminine of raja) A Hindu princess or the wife of a raja.
13. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
14. An informal term for a father.
20. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
22. Right-hand page.
26. A label made of cardboard or plastic or metal.
28. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
30. Relating to or near the ulna.
31. Make a dent or impression in.
32. State in northeastern India.
34. A genus of delicate ferns belonging to the family Osmundaceae.
35. Sour or bitter in taste.
36. An angry disturbance.
37. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
40. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
42. A fire (usually on a hill or tower) that can be seen from a distance.
45. An order of dicotyledonous plants of the subclass Asteridae.
46. Genus of Australian woody vines having showy red or purplish flowers.
49. A piece of armor plate (with eye slits) fixed or hinged to a medieval helmet to protect the face.
53. An informal conversation.
54. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
56. Rub elbows with.
58. The Jewish rite of circumcision performed on a male child on the eighth day of his life.
60. Small genus of Eurasian aquatic perennial herbs.
61. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
62. Scale-like structure between the base of the wing and the halter of a two-winged fly.
64. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
65. An account describing incidents or events.
69. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
70. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
74. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.