1. A member of a pastoral people living in the Nilgiri hills of southern India.
5. Of or relating an apse.
12. A sudden loss of consciousness resulting when the rupture or occlusion of a blood vessel leads to oxygen lack in the brain.
15. The sixth month of the civil year.
16. A cocked hat with the brim turned up to form two points.
17. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
18. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
19. (astronomy) An indistinct surface feature of Mars once thought to be a system of channels.
21. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
23. A state in southwestern Germany famous for its beer.
25. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
27. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
28. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
32. Large northern deer with enormous flattened antlers in the male.
35. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
38. German chemist who did research on high-speed chemical reactions (born in 1927).
40. A local computer network for communication between computers.
41. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
43. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
44. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
46. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
48. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
49. A unit of conductance equal to the reciprocal of an ohm.
52. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
53. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
54. The capital and largest city of Zimbabwe.
57. Any of several fleet black-and-white striped African equines.
59. An elaborate and systematic plan of action.
67. A cushion on a throne for a prince in India.
70. A special way of doing something.
71. Standard time in the 7th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 105th meridian west.
72. Gradually narrowed toward a point.
74. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
75. The basic unit of money in Bulgaria.
76. New Guinea echidnas.
77. Tall woody perennial grasses with hollow slender stems especially of the genera Arundo and Phragmites.
1. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
2. A European river.
3. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
4. Relating to or associated with Arabia or its people.
5. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
6. A genus of temperate and arctic evergreen trees (see spruce).
7. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
8. An electrically charged particle.
9. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
10. An organ in its earliest stage of development.
11. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
12. Green algae common in freshwater lakes of limestone districts.
13. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir and avenger of Balder.
14. Type genus of the Amiidae.
20. (Babylonian) Earth goddess.
22. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
24. A long depression in the surface of the land that usually contains a river.
26. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
29. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
30. (formerly) A cavalryman armed with a lance.
31. Made of fir or pine.
33. A wired or starched collar of intricate lace.
34. (zoology) Relating to frogs and toads.
36. Type genus of the Apidae.
37. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
39. Greek anatomist whose theories formed the basis of European medicine until the Renaissance (circa 130-200).
42. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
45. Filled with the emotional impact of overwhelming surprise or shock.
47. Shad-like North American marine fishes used for fish meal and oil and fertilizer.
50. A Christian recluse.
51. The compass point that is one point east of northeast.
55. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
56. (Babylonian) Father of the gods.
58. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
60. (law) A comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy.
61. A television system that has more than the usual number of lines per frame so its pictures show more detail.
62. A lyric poet.
63. English monk and scholar (672-735).
64. The lean flesh of a fish similar to cod.
65. Hinge joint in the human leg connecting the tibia and fibula with the femur and protected in front by the patella.
66. Advanced in years.
68. Enlarged prostate.
69. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
73. A radioactive element of the actinide series.