1. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
4. Take the staples off.
12. The syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization.
15. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
16. A short film and commentary about current events.
17. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
18. (British) A member of the military police.
20. Relating to the deepest parts of the ocean (below 6000 meters).
21. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
22. Water buffalo of the Philippines.
24. An authoritative direction or instruction to do something.
26. The sign language used in the United States.
27. A shoe covering the ankle.
29. After noon.
31. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
32. Make uniform.
33. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
37. Having relatively few calories.
41. The residue that remains when something is burned.
45. A proposition deducible from basic postulates.
47. Make powerless and unable to function.
49. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
50. Greater than normal in degree or intensity or amount.
51. A broad flat muscle on either side of the back.
52. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
53. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
55. A state in New England.
57. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).
58. A stately Protestant (especially Lutheran) hymn tune.
61. The fourth month of the civil year.
66. An ancient Assyrian city on the River Tigris across from the modern city of Mosul in the northern part of what is now known a Iraq.
69. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
70. Give encouragement to.
73. Wind god.
74. An orange-brown antelope of southeast Africa.
75. Tasting like vinegar.
76. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
77. Used of a single unit or thing.
78. Unusually great in size or amount or degree or especially extent or scope.
79. A structure in which animals lay eggs or give birth to their young.
1. Made from residue of grapes or apples after pressing.
2. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
3. A genus of Pyralidae.
4. (usually followed by `to') Not having the necessary means or skill or know-how.
5. Type genus of the Nepidae.
6. The compass point midway between south and west.
7. Anterior pituitary hormone that stimulates the function of the thyroid gland.
8. (of farmland) Capable of being farmed productively.
9. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
10. (of panes of glass) Fixed in place by means of thin strips of lead.
11. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
12. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
13. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
14. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
19. Social status or position conferred by a system based on class.
23. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
25. Attack someone physically or emotionally.
28. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
30. An unpredictable outcome that is unfortunate.
34. The univalent unsaturated organic radical C3H5.
35. French novelist.
36. Anything of material value or usefulness.
38. The subject matter of a conversation or discussion.
39. Foul with waste matter.
40. A member of a social and cultural elite especially a descendant of an Old New England family.
42. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
43. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
44. A republic in central Europe.
46. Excessively fat.
48. (Greek mythology) The god of the underworld in ancient mythology.
54. A card game for 2 players.
56. Being one more than ten.
59. A liquid preparation used on wet hair to it a tint.
60. Avoid or try to avoid, as of duties, questions and issues.
62. Very dark black.
63. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
64. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
65. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
67. Opinion or judgment.
68. English Pre-Raphaelite painter (1827-1910).
71. Electronic warfare undertaken to prevent or reduce an enemy's effective use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
72. A United States unit of weight equivalent to 2000 pounds.