1. (folklore) Fairies that are somewhat mischievous.
4. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
11. Slightly open.
15. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
16. Only extant member of the order Rhynchocephalia of large spiny lizard-like diapsid reptiles of coastal islands off New Zealand.
17. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
18. A sedimentary rock formed by the deposition of successive layers of clay.
20. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
21. The 26th letter of the Roman alphabet.
22. A card game similar to ecarte.
24. 1/1000 gram.
25. Filled with the emotional impact of overwhelming surprise or shock.
28. The capital of Nationalist China.
31. Study of the literary works of ancient Greece and Rome.
33. The 10th letter of the Greek alphabet.
37. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
38. (Greek mythology) The Titaness who was mother of Helios and Selene and Eos in ancient mythology.
41. A humming noise.
42. An associate degree in nursing.
44. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
46. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
47. United States film actress (born in 1949).
50. A mountain peak in the Andes in Peru (21,709 feet high).
52. The activity of looking thoroughly in order to find something or someone.
54. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
55. Half the width of an em.
56. A state in midwestern United States.
59. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
61. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
64. Common Indian weaverbird.
67. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
70. An anxiety disorder associated with serious traumatic events and characterized by such symptoms as guilt about surviving or reliving the trauma in dreams or numbness and lack of involvement with reality or recurrent thoughts and images.
73. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
77. A strong emotion.
78. Resembling an umbel in form.
80. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
81. Contemptuous name for a Black man who is abjectly servile and deferential to Whites.
82. Consisting of fine particles.
83. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
2. A Loloish language.
3. A geometric pattern that is repeated at every scale and so cannot be represented by classical geometry.
4. Large genus of terrestrial ferns of tropics and subtropics.
5. A bivalent and trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
6. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
7. Specify individually.
8. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
9. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
10. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
11. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
12. Empty rhetoric or insincere or exaggerated talk.
13. American novelist (1909-1955).
14. Tall woody perennial grasses with hollow slender stems especially of the genera Arundo and Phragmites.
19. The sacred city of Lamaism.
23. An inscription on a tombstone or monument in memory of the person buried there.
26. A mountain in the Himalayas in Nepal (27,790 feet high).
27. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
29. The persistence of a sound after its source has stopped.
30. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
32. Of or relating to or suitable for Lent.
34. A small bottle that contains a drug (especially a sealed sterile container for injection by needle).
35. A historical region on northwestern India and northern Pakistan.
36. A member of the Semitic speaking people of northern Ethiopia.
39. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
40. Clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion.
43. Foul with waste matter.
45. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
48. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
49. Any plant of the genus Erica.
51. A flourish added after or under your signature (originally to protect against forgery).
53. After the expected or usual time.
57. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
58. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
60. The woody part of plants.
62. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
63. An ancient upright stone slab bearing markings.
65. A rounded thickly curled hairdo.
66. A visual presentation showing how something works.
68. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
69. The sixth month of the civil year.
71. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
72. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
74. Young of any of various canines such as a dog or wolf.
75. The compass point that is one point west of due north.
76. (Brit) A tough youth of 1950's and 1960's wearing Edwardian style clothes.
79. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.