1. Air pollution by a mixture of smoke and fog.
5. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
12. Edible tuber of any of several yams.
15. A unit of pressure equal to 0.001316 atmosphere.
16. Numbered or proceeding by tens.
17. An inflated feeling of pride in your superiority to others.
18. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
19. Any of various plants of the genus Lactuca.
20. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
21. A loud resonant repeating noise.
23. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
24. Tibeto-Burman languages spoken in northernmost Burma and adjacent China and India.
26. A green dye, often used to color cloth, which is obtained from the woad plant.
27. One of the most important fungi cultivated in Japan.
29. A state in northwestern North America.
30. A slow pace of running.
31. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
35. Graded markings that indicate light or shaded areas in a drawing or painting.
40. Joyful religious song celebrating the birth of Christ.
41. Nut of any of several trees of the genus Corylus.
42. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
46. Young sheep.
47. A public promotion of some product or service.
49. An exertion of force.
50. Conduit consisting of a long hollow object (usually cylindrical) used to hold and conduct liquids or gases.
51. (informal) Exceptionally good.
53. A Dravidian language closely related to Tamil that is spoken in a hilly section of southwestern India.
54. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
55. Genus of South and Central American heathlike evergreen shrubs.
58. The capital of Mali.
61. An unnaturally frenzied or distraught woman.
64. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
65. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
69. A less than average tide occurring at the first and third quarters of the moon.
73. A river in western Asia.
75. (British) The side of a vehicle nearest the kerb.
76. A strong emotion.
79. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
80. (informal) Roused to anger.
81. A member of the Caddo people who formerly lived in the Dakotas west of the Missouri river.
82. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
1. An orderly pile.
2. Small Peruvian evergreen with broad rounded head and slender pendant branches with attractive clusters of greenish flowers followed by clusters of rose-pink fruits.
3. A fully differentiated structural and functional unit in an animal that is specialized for some particular function.
4. The father of your father or mother.
5. A unit of force equal to the force that imparts an acceleration of 1 foot/sec/sec to a mass of 1 pound.
6. Tall woody perennial grasses with hollow slender stems especially of the genera Arundo and Phragmites.
7. A measuring instrument for measuring angles to a celestial body.
8. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir.
9. Any of various systems of units for measuring electricity and magnetism.
10. A loud and disturbing noise.
11. Offering little or no hope.
12. Not only so, but.
13. God of fire.
14. An utterance expressing pain or disapproval.
22. Small deciduous Asiatic tree bearing large red or orange edible astringent fruit.
25. A hard ferromagnetic silver-white bivalent or trivalent metallic element.
28. Of or relating to the region of Mongolia or its people or their languages or cultures.
32. A river that rises in northern Colombia and flows generally eastward to the Orinoco in central Venezuela.
33. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
34. The ratio of reflected to incident light.
36. A blind god.
37. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
38. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.
39. Type genus of the Gavidae.
43. A full skirt with a gathered waistband.
44. Largest known toad species.
45. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
48. A landlocked republic in eastern Africa.
52. Regional and archaic.
56. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
57. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
59. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
60. Used at the dining table.
62. (Zoroastrianism) Title for benevolent deities.
63. Slanderous defamation.
66. The basic unit of money in Ghana.
67. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
68. A small cake leavened with yeast.
70. A genus of Mustelidae.
71. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
72. A Chinese breed of small short-legged dogs with a long silky coat and broad flat muzzle.
74. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
77. An informal term for a father.
78. Being nine more than ninety.