1. The capital of Western Samoa.
5. The great hall in ancient Persian palaces.
12. A vacuum tube in which a hot cathode emits a beam of electrons that pass through a high voltage anode and are focused or deflected before hitting a phosphorescent screen.
15. The inner surface of the hand from the wrist to the base of the fingers.
16. Arranged in or consisting of laminae.
17. A column of light (as from a beacon).
18. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
19. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
21. (informal) Exceptionally good.
23. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
26. (of tempo) Leisurely n.
28. A republic in southwestern Africa on the south Atlantic coast (formerly called South West Africa).
30. Ratio of the hypotenuse to the opposite side.
32. A member of the Pueblo people living in northern New Mexico.
33. Tall feather palm of northern Brazil with hard-shelled nuts yielding valuable oil and a kind of vegetable ivory.
37. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
40. A landlocked mountainous republic in southeast central Asia north of Afghanistan.
43. Affording unobstructed entrance and exit.
44. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
46. Being nine more than ninety.
48. (sports) The chief official (as in boxing or American football) who is expected to ensure fair play.
49. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
52. A sudden loss of consciousness resulting when the rupture or occlusion of a blood vessel leads to oxygen lack in the brain.
54. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
56. Pertaining to or resembling amoebae.
57. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
58. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
59. Produced by a manufacturing process.
60. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
63. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days.
67. The wife of a sheik.
74. A short labored intake of breath with the mouth open.
77. A proteolytic enzyme obtained from the unripe papaya.
78. Jordan's port.
80. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
81. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
82. An entrance to an amphitheater or stadium.
84. A light touch or stroke.
85. Brief episode in which the brain gets insufficient blood supply.
86. Having or using only one filament.
87. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Relating to or having the characteristics of bees.
2. A genus of Ploceidae.
3. Being nine more than forty.
4. Genus of widely distributed agarics that have white spores and are poisonous with few exceptions.
5. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
6. An informal term for a father.
7. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
8. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
9. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
10. A city in southern Japan on Kyushu.
11. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
12. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
13. (the feminine of raja) A Hindu princess or the wife of a raja.
14. Type and only genus of the family Tytonidae.
20. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
22. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
24. Before noon.
25. Loose temporary stitches.
27. A young woman making her debut into society.
29. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.
31. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
34. A chock or bar wedged under a wheel or between the spokes to prevent a vehicle from rolling down an incline.
35. According with custom or propriety.
36. Showing favoritism.
38. Botswanan statesman who was the first president of Botswana (1921-1980).
39. Aroused to impatience or anger.
41. Genus of erect herbs of the Middle East having showy flowers.
42. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
45. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
47. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
50. Any of various deciduous or evergreen ornamental shrubs of the genus Abelia having opposite simple leaves and cymes of small white or pink or purplish flowers.
51. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
53. (informal) Of the highest quality.
55. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
61. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.
62. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
64. The female or generative principle.
65. A native-born Israeli.
66. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
68. A Loloish language.
69. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
70. A lake in the mountains of central Africa between Congo and Rwanda.
71. Sweet pulpy tropical fruit with thick scaly rind and shiny black seeds.
72. Marked by or showing unaffected simplicity and lack of guile or worldly experience.
73. A correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence).
75. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
76. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
79. A port in southwestern Scotland.
83. Destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle.