1. The 11th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
5. Having escaped, especially from confinement.
12. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
15. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
16. Of or pertaining to or characteristic of Italy or its people or culture or language.
17. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
18. American political cartoonist (1840-1902).
19. The first compartment of the stomach of a ruminant.
20. Lower in esteem.
22. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
25. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
26. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
28. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
29. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
33. Having a tail.
37. An angular shape made by folding.
40. Roman Emperor who was the adoptive son of Trajan.
43. A group of Niger-Congo languages spoken primarily in southeastern Mali and northern Ghana.
44. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
45. Italian actress best known for her performances in tragic roles (1858-1924).
47. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
49. A state in northwestern North America.
50. The dull explosive noise made by an engine.
52. A line that forms the length of an arrow pointer.
54. Amount of a charge or payment relative to some basis.
56. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
58. A game in which numbered balls are drawn and random and players cover the corresponding numbers on their cards.
59. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
60. A basketball shot made with one hand from a position under or beside the basket (and usually banked off the backboard).
61. A Hindu prince or king in India.
63. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
66. The act of grasping.
68. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
72. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
73. A fatty deposit in the intima (inner lining) of an artery.
77. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
78. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
79. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
80. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
81. An associate degree in applied science.
82. Thin-shelled freshwater mussels.
83. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
1. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
2. Jordan's port.
3. The basic unit of money in Uruguay.
4. Made warm or hot.
5. A genus of Mustelidae.
6. A plaster now made mostly from Portland cement and sand and lime.
7. (Arthurian legend) The battlefield where King Arthur was mortally wounded.
8. On or toward the lee.
9. Any of several low-growing pines of western North America.
10. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
11. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
12. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
13. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
14. (pathology) An elevation of the skin filled with serous fluid.
21. Pertaining to or constituting a base or basis.
23. A member of a nomadic people of the northern Ural mountains.
24. Take away a part from.
27. Old World wild swine having a narrow body and prominent tusks from which most domestic swine come.
30. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
31. Spread or daub over.
32. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
34. (Irish) Ancient Irish god (probably a god of the sun).
35. A liquid solution that results from elution.
36. Become dark or darker.
38. A ridge that forms a seam between two parts.
39. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
41. (Assyrian) God of fire and light.
42. Any of various edible seeds of plants of the family Leguminosae.
46. A clergyman who watches over a group of people.
48. (Greek mythology) One of the mountain nymphs.
51. Offering fun and gaiety.
53. Pitiable in circumstances especially through abandonment.
55. A public promotion of some product or service.
57. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
62. Declare or acknowledge to be true.
64. A city in northern India.
65. South African term for `boss'.
67. Chocolate cookie with white cream filling.
69. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
70. A small cake leavened with yeast.
71. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
74. Administration of a nutritionally adequate solution through a catheter into the vena cava.
75. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
76. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.