1. An udder or breast or teat.
4. Diminished in strength, quality, or utility.
12. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
15. (Sumerian) Sun god.
16. The lowermost sail on the mainmast.
17. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
18. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
19. An armed adversary (especially a member of an opposing military force).
20. Characteristic of the fields or country.
22. United States humorist who wrote about rural life (1818-1885).
24. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
26. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
27. Anything that provides inspiration for later work.
30. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
32. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
34. (in sports) A period of play during which one team is on the offensive.
36. The father of your father or mother.
40. A public promotion of some product or service.
41. A wind from the north.
44. Jordan's port.
45. Former measure of the US economy.
47. In a forward direction.
49. The universal time coordinated time when a transmission is sent from Earth to a spacecraft or other celestial body.
50. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
52. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
54. European herb resembling vetch.
55. The animal order including amoebas.
57. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
58. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
60. A worker who attaches something by nailing it.
61. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
64. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
65. Large dark-striped tropical food and game fish related to remoras.
71. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
75. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
79. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
80. The basic unit of money in Iran.
81. An amine containing the double bond linkage -C=C-N-.
82. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
83. A share of money or food or clothing that has been charitably given.
84. Prior to a specified or implied time.
85. The residue that remains when something is burned.
1. Informal terms for clothing.
2. A state in the western United States.
3. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
4. A United Nations agency to promote trade by increasing the exchange stability of the major currencies.
5. An enzyme that catalyzes the oxidation of many body compounds (e.g., epinephrine and norepinephrine and serotonin).
6. Having sections or patches colored differently and usually brightly.
7. An associate degree in nursing.
8. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
9. A motley assortment of things.
10. A genus of Mustelidae.
11. A chronic skin disease occurring primarily in women between the ages of 20 and 40.
12. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
13. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
14. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
21. A cut of meat (beef or veal or mutton or lamb) from the upper part of the leg.
23. English writer and a central member of the Fabian Society (1858-1943).
25. An artificial language for international use that rejects rejects all existing words and is based instead on an abstract analysis of ideas.
28. A protective covering that covers or forms the top of a building.
29. Essential equal to suborder Myomorpha with the Dipodidae excluded.
31. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
33. An accessory or adjoining anatomical parts or appendages (especially of the embryo).
35. A three-tone Chadic language.
37. An analgesic for mild pain.
38. Wear away.
39. Any of various hard resins from trees of the family Dipterocarpaceae and of the genus Agathis.
42. A human limb.
43. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
46. Earlier than the present time.
48. Very dark black.
51. Capable of being done with means at hand and circumstances as they are.
53. True firs.
56. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
59. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
62. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
63. A sheet or band of fibrous connective tissue separating or binding together muscles and organs etc.
66. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
67. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
68. The sixth month of the civil year.
69. Ice crystals forming a white deposit (especially on objects outside).
70. An unofficial association of people or groups.
72. Type genus of the Amiidae.
73. South African term for `boss'.
74. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
76. Seed of a pea plant.
77. An inflammatory complication of leprosy that results in painful skin lesions on the arms and legs and face.
78. (formerly) A title of respect for a man in Turkey or Egypt.