1. Common black European thrush.
5. American confederate general known for leading a disastrous charge at Gettysburg (1825-1875).
12. A light touch or stroke.
15. A spread made chiefly from vegetable oils and used as a substitute for butter.
16. A strong metal bar bearing a hook to attach something to be pulled.
17. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
18. Of or relating to or near the sacrum.
20. A return punch.
21. The cry made by sheep.
22. Snarled or stalled in complete confusion.
25. A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term).
26. The sixth month of the civil year.
27. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
29. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
34. Any of various systems of units for measuring electricity and magnetism.
37. Earlier than the present time.
39. Antihypertensive consisting of an alkaloid extracted from the plant Rauwolfia serpentina (trade names Raudixin or Rau-Sed or Sandril or Serpasil).
43. A city in southeastern South Korea.
44. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
46. A genus of orb-weaving spiders including common garden spiders and barn spiders.
48. Oval reproductive body of a fowl (especially a hen) used as food.
50. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
51. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
53. A sudden short attack.
55. A village of huts for native Africans in southern Africa.
59. A member of an American Indian peoples of NE South America and the Lesser Antilles.
63. To an ample degree or in an ample manner.
65. A native or inhabitant of Vietnam.
67. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
68. Form a mental image of something that is not present or that is not the case.
71. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
72. Vietnamese New Year.
73. A movement that is a response to a stimulus but is not oriented with respect to the source of stimulation.
74. Any of numerous agile ruminants related to sheep but having a beard and straight horns.
75. A strong emotion.
76. (classical mythology) The hideous snake-haired monsters (usually three in number) who pursued unpunished criminals.
77. Make an etching of.
1. Tiny leafy-stemmed flowerless plants.
2. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
3. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
4. Drug (trade name Lorfan) that is related to morphine but that counteracts the respiratory depression produced by morphine poisoning but without affecting its analgesic effects.
5. A unit of force equal to the force that imparts an acceleration of 1 foot/sec/sec to a mass of 1 pound.
6. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
7. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
8. A festival featuring African-American culture.
9. A Spanish river.
10. Covered with paving material.
11. Earnest and conscientious activity intended to do or accomplish something.
12. Bar temporarily.
13. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
14. (informal) Exceptionally good.
19. A conspicuous constellation in the northern hemisphere.
23. A state in the eastern United States.
24. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
28. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
30. Agency of the United States government charged with mediating disputes between management and labor.
31. A run that is the result of the batter's performance.
32. Occurring or encountered or experienced or observed frequently or in accordance with regular practice or procedure.
33. An ancient upright stone slab bearing markings.
35. The capital and largest city of Mongolia.
36. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
38. A fee charged for exchanging currencies.
40. A large fan consisting of a frame covered with canvas that is suspended from the ceiling.
41. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
42. A distensible membranous sac (usually containing liquid or gas).
45. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
47. Resembling an eel in being long and thin and sinuous.
49. The mother of your father or mother.
52. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
54. The occurrence of a change for the worse.
56. A kitchen utensil used for ricing soft foods by extruding them through small holes.
57. (medicine) Having or experiencing a rapid onset and short but severe course.
58. Any of numerous composite plants having flower heads with well-developed ray flowers usually arranged in a single whorl.
60. Put in a new, usually larger, pot, as of a plant that has grown.
61. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
62. A job in an organization.
64. (Norse mythology) The primeval giant slain by Odin and his brothers and from whose body they created the world.
66. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
69. Black tropical American cuckoo.
70. (British) Informal term for information.