1. Projectiles to be fired from a gun.
5. Shrubby plant with aromatic grayish-green leaves used as a cooking herb.
11. Cry plaintively.
15. A sudden short attack.
16. A port city in southwestern Iran.
17. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
18. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
20. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
21. The quarter of many North African cities in which the citadel is located.
23. Not to be placated or appeased or moved by entreaty.
25. Large bamboo having thick-walled culms.
26. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
28. A special loved one.
30. The twelfth month of the civil year.
33. The eleventh month of the civil year.
34. Muslims collectively and their civilization.
37. An oil port in southern Iraq.
39. Show a response or a reaction to something.
41. Any of various small to minute sucking insects with narrow feathery wings if any.
45. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
46. The compass point that is midway between north and northeast.
48. (anatomy) Any encircling or beltlike structure.
49. part of the peritoneum attached to the stomach and to the colon and covering the intestines.
50. Submerged freshwater perennials.
53. A jail (literally, a French jail).
55. Characterized by action or forcefulness or force of personality.
57. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
58. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
59. A hollow device made of metal that makes a ringing sound when struck.
60. Indian statesman and leader with Gandhi in the struggle for home rule.
62. (zoology) Of or relating to fish of the family Carangidae n.
66. (anatomy) Of or relating to a cavity or chamber in the body (especially one of the upper chambers of the heart).
70. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
71. Of or relating to or characteristic of Denmark or the Danes.
74. Wild or domesticated South American cud-chewing animal related to camels but smaller and lacking a hump.
75. 3 to 30 gigahertz.
76. (especially of plants) Developed without chlorophyll by being deprived of light.
78. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
79. Take in solid food.
80. Worn and broken down by hard use.
81. Used of a single unit or thing.
1. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
2. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
3. An unwholesome atmosphere.
4. A doctor's degree in optometry.
5. Italian painter whose many paintings exemplify the ideals of the High Renaissance (1483-1520).
6. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
7. A spread made chiefly from vegetable oils and used as a substitute for butter.
8. A European river.
9. Of or relating to or near the nares.
10. Of the appetites and passions of the body.
11. A bachelor's degree in religion.
12. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
13. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
14. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
19. Someone who obtains pleasure from inflicting pain or others.
22. Of or relating to or containing barium.
24. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria and closely related to Hausa.
27. An unforeseen obstacle.
29. In equal amounts or shares.
31. The outer and thinner of the two bones of the human leg between the knee and ankle.
32. A fighter who batters the opponent.
35. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
36. One million periods per second.
38. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
40. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
42. Small Old World songbird with a reddish breast.
43. Complacently or inanely foolish.
44. An archaic name for Easter or Passover.
47. A gate at the rear of a vehicle.
51. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
52. Improved or corrected by critical editing.
54. Small tart usually used as a canape.
56. A medical establishment run by a group of medical specialists.
61. The address of a web page on the world wide web.
63. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
64. A flat float (usually made of logs or planks) that can be used for transport or as a platform for swimmers.
65. French couturier whose first collection in 1947 created a style (tight bodice and narrow waist and flowing pleated skirt) that became known as the New Look (1905-1957).
67. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
68. A primeval personification of air and breath.
69. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
72. An inflammatory disease of connective tissue with variable features including fever and weakness and fatigability and joint pains and skin lesions on the face or neck or arms.
73. An accidental happening.
77. A light strong gray lustrous corrosion-resistant metallic element used in strong light-weight alloys (as for airplane parts).