1. An operating system that is on a disk.
4. Difficult to penetrate.
12. (sports) The chief official (as in boxing or American football) who is expected to ensure fair play.
15. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
16. A person who gathers.
17. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
18. (in Scotland or Ireland) A mountain or tall hill.
19. Away from the mouth or oral region.
20. Lower in esteem.
22. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
24. German industrialist who was the first in Germany to use an assembly line in manufacturing automobiles (1871-1948).
26. On or toward the lee.
27. A monosaccharide sugar that contains the aldehyde group or is hemiacetal.
30. A soft silvery metallic element of the rare earth group.
32. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
33. A trivial lie.
36. Author of satirical attacks on medieval scholasticism (1494-1553).
40. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
41. A Loloish language.
43. Any of various small terrestrial or aquatic crustaceans with seven pairs of legs adapted for crawling.
44. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
45. A signal transmitted along a narrow path.
46. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
47. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
48. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
50. A vehicle carrying many passengers.
51. A Buddhist who has attained nirvana.
54. Make an etching of.
56. Backache affecting the lumbar region or lower back.
60. A way of access consisting of a set of steps.
62. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
64. The site of three famous battles among Greek city-states.
67. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
71. The content of cognition.
72. cause to accept or become hardened to.
75. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria and closely related to Hausa.
76. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
77. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
79. Being two more than fifty.
80. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
81. A genus of Stromateidae.
82. The United Nations agency concerned with the interests of labor.
1. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
4. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
5. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
6. A gambling card game in which chips are placed on the ace and king and queen and jack of separate suits (taken from a separate deck).
7. Being one more than two.
8. Being or occurring in fact or actuality.
9. Goddess of fate.
10. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
11. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
12. A domain in which something is dominant.
13. Other than what is under consideration or implied.
14. To run away.
21. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
23. A short high tone produced as a signal or warning.
25. English writer and a central member of the Fabian Society (1858-1943).
28. Herb of the Pacific islands grown throughout the tropics for its edible root and in temperate areas as an ornamental for its large glossy leaves.
29. Gregarious burrowing rodent larger than the chinchillas.
31. The capital of Lesotho.
34. Crested screamers.
35. A young unmarried woman.
37. German mystic and theosophist who founded modern theosophy.
38. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
39. The cardinal number that is the sum of five and one.
42. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
49. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
52. Refrain from voting.
53. French filmmaker (1908-1982).
55. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
57. Any tree of the genus Genipa bearing yellow flowers and edible fruit with a thick rind.
58. The first event in a series.
59. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
61. Of or relating to Saudi Arabia or its people.
63. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
65. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
66. The compass point that is one point east of northeast.
68. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
69. The lower house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
70. A genus of European owls.
73. The former capital and 2nd largest city of Brazil.
74. Electronic warfare undertaken to prevent or reduce an enemy's effective use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
78. Before noon.