1. Being six more than fifty.
4. Any plant of the genus Caragana having even-pinnate leaves and mostly yellow flowers followed by seeds in a linear pod.
12. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
15. An association of countries in the western hemisphere.
16. Germanic barbarian leader who ended the western Roman Empire in 476 and became the first barbarian ruler of Italy (434-493).
17. Gone by.
18. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
19. (chemistry) A substance that initiates or accelerates a chemical reaction without itself being affected.
20. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
21. Microscopic unicellular marine or freshwater colonial alga having cell walls impregnated with silica.
23. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
25. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
27. An employee who mixes and serves alcoholic drinks at a bar.
29. A public promotion of some product or service.
31. A man who is a stupid fool.
34. Winner of a Nobel Prize.
36. The vertical triangular wall between the sloping ends of gable roof.
40. A dehydrogenated analogue of cortisol (trade names Orasone or Deltasone or Liquid Pred or Meticorten).
41. A shoe without a tongue and with decorative lacing up the instep.
42. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
43. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
46. The rate at which red blood cells settle out in a tube of blood under standardized conditions.
47. Large antelope with lightly spiraled horns of desert regions of North Africa.
50. A girl or young woman who is unmarried.
54. Former name for the order Crocodylia.
57. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
58. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
59. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
60. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
61. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
64. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
66. A long thin piece of cloth or paper as used for binding or fastening.
70. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
74. (informal) `johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War.
75. Breathing in.
77. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
78. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
79. An ancient maritime country (a collection of city states) at eastern end of the Mediterranean.
80. How long something has existed.
1. Weight to be borne or conveyed.
2. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir and avenger of Balder.
3. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
4. A valuable timber tree of tropical South America.
5. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
6. Decay usually accompanied by an offensive odor.
7. A genus of Indriidae.
8. A mountain peak in the Andes in Argentina (21,654 feet high).
9. Any group or radical of the form RCO- where R is an organic group.
10. A battle in 1645 that settled the outcome of the first English Civil War as the Parliamentarians won a major victory over the Royalists.
11. The products of human creativity.
12. A woman of refinement.
13. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
14. United States songwriter and playwright famous for his patriotic songs (1878-1942).
22. Wasting of the body during a chronic disease.
24. A village of huts for native Africans in southern Africa.
26. A minor Hebrew prophet (8th century BC).
28. (medicine) Chilly.
30. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Reticulum and Pictor.
32. A bluish-white lustrous metallic element.
33. Hormone produced early in pregnancy by the placenta.
35. (Norse mythology) God of light and peace and noted for his beauty and sweet nature.
37. A short high tone produced as a signal or warning.
38. A fabric woven with lisle thread.
39. Suggestive of the supernatural.
44. (British) A disparaging term for an appointee.
45. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
48. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
49. Being one more than ninety.
51. Relating to or caused by or afflicted with sciatica.
52. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
53. The event of dying or departure from life.
55. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
56. Flightless New Zealand birds similar to gallinules.
62. In bed.
63. A small cake leavened with yeast.
65. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
67. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
68. Capital and largest city of the Czech Republic.
69. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
71. The extreme end of something.
72. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
73. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
76. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.