1. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
5. Shrub bearing oval-fruited kumquats.
11. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
15. The basic unit of money in Papua New Guinea.
16. An immunosuppressive drug (trade name Imuran) used to prevent rejection of a transplanted organ.
17. Radioactive iodine test that measures the amount of radioactive iodine taken up by the thyroid gland.
18. Place in a line or arrange so as to be parallel.
20. Small songbirds resembling larks.
21. The highest level or degree attainable.
22. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
23. Cattle that are reared for their milk.
25. A communist state in Indochina on the South China Sea.
28. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
29. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
30. Constituting a copy or imitation of something.
34. A dissolute man in fashionable society.
38. A person forced to flee from home or country.
40. A United Nations agency to coordinate international health activities and to help governments improve health services.
41. Bristlelike process near the tip of the antenna of certain flies.
45. A humorous anecdote or remark.
46. (British) A cup of tea.
50. The ending of a series or sequence.
51. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
52. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
53. A switch made from the stems of the rattan palms.
54. Divided into two lobes.
57. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
58. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
63. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
68. The foot of a human being.
69. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
71. Any ameba of the genus Endamoeba.
73. The basic unit of money in Albania.
74. An island state in the West Indies in the southeastern Caribbean Sea.
76. A port city in northwestern Algeria and the country's 2nd largest city.
77. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
78. A capacitance unit equal to one billion farads.
79. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. Jordan's port.
2. The capital of Lombardy in northern Italy.
3. The craniometric point that is the most prominent point at the back of the head (at the occipital protuberance).
4. A motley assortment of things.
5. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
6. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
7. Of or relating to or characteristic of Guinea or its inhabitants.
8. Alsatian artist and poet who was cofounder of Dadaism in Zurich.
9. Badly injured, perhaps with amputation.
10. The Palestinian uprising (beginning in 1987) against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
11. A unit of apothecary weight equal to an eighth of an ounce or to 60 grains.
12. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
13. An actor who communicates entirely by gesture and facial expression.
14. A man who courts a woman.
19. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
24. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
26. A branch of the Tai languages.
27. (usually followed by `of') Released from something onerous (especially an obligation or duty).
31. Young owl.
32. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
33. Sacred writings of Islam revealed by God to the prophet Mohammed during his life at Mecca and Medina.
35. Of or relating to Iraq or its people or culture.
36. Fig tree of India noted for great size and longevity.
37. A sheet or band of fibrous connective tissue separating or binding together muscles and organs etc.
39. Widely distributed genus of herbs or shrubs with glandular compound leaves and spicate or racemose purple or white flowers.
42. A Spanish title of respect for a married woman.
43. The cry made by sheep.
44. (psychoanalysis) An idealized image of someone (usually a parent) formed in childhood.
47. A cephalosporin antibiotic (trade name Ultracef).
48. A formal expression of praise.
49. After noon.
55. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
56. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
59. Large black-and-white herbivorous mammal of bamboo forests of China and Tibet.
60. A drama set to music.
61. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
62. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
64. In bed.
65. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
66. A word that serves as the predicate of a sentence.
67. A drop of the clear salty saline solution secreted by the lacrimal glands.
70. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
72. Characteristic of a mob.
75. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.