1. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
4. Not asked for.
11. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
15. An informal term for a father.
16. The branch of military science dealing with detailed maneuvers to achieve objectives set by strategy.
17. The rate of flow of energy or particles across a given surface.
18. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
20. Cultivated in temperate regions.
22. A full skirt with a gathered waistband.
23. The 17th letter of the Greek alphabet.
24. Of or relating to or involving an area.
25. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
28. A luminance unit equal to 1 candle per square meter measured perpendicular to the rays from the source.
29. Not only so, but.
32. An idle slothful person.
35. An oily colorless liquid obtained by the condensation of two molecules of acetaldehyde.
37. (Old Testament) The first king of the Israelites who defended Israel against many enemies (especially the Philistines).
38. Other than what is under consideration or implied.
42. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
43. The capital of Morocco.
46. Noisy talk.
48. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
49. The portion of the vertebrate nervous system consisting of the brain and spinal cord.
51. A slight amount or degree of difference.
54. Regarded with admiration.
56. Extinct order of jawless vertebrates.
57. Payment due by the recipient on delivery.
59. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
60. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
63. Of or related to the genital and urinary organs or their functions.
67. With rapid movements.
70. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
72. A vote that blocks a decision.
74. Plant cultivated for its enlarged fleshy turnip-shaped edible stem.
75. Irritate or vex.
78. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
79. A strong solution of sodium or potassium hydroxide.
80. A group of Penutian languages spoken to the west of the Sacramento river.
81. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
2. Capital city of the Apulia region on the Adriatic coast.
3. A European river.
4. The local time at the 0 meridian passing through Greenwich, England.
5. A port and tourist center in southwestern Italy.
6. (informal) Of the highest quality.
7. A dreamy romantic or sentimental quality.
8. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
9. The persistence of a sound after its source has stopped.
10. An honorary degree in science.
11. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
12. A lake in northwestern Russia.
13. Port city in the United Arab Emirates on the Persian Gulf.
14. Praise, glorify, or honor.
19. A mechanical device that prevents a vessel from moving.
21. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
26. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
27. A constitutional monarchy in southeastern Asia on Borneo and the Malay Peninsula.
30. Either of two large African antelopes of the genus Taurotragus having short spirally twisted horns in both sexes.
31. A public promotion of some product or service.
33. A republic in northeastern South America.
34. A Mid-Atlantic state.
36. United States architect (born in England) whose works include the chambers of the United States Congress and the Supreme Court (1764-1820).
39. Of or relating to the ancient Latins or the Latin language.
40. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
41. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
44. English monk and scholar (672-735).
45. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
47. Boiled or baked buckwheat.
50. A gray lustrous metallic element of the rare earth group.
52. (Judaism) An eight-day Jewish holiday commemorating the rededication of the Temple of Jerusalem.
53. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
55. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
58. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
61. The act of mimicking.
62. Made of grated potato and egg with a little flour.
64. United States naval officer and historian (1840-1914).
65. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
66. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
68. A chordophone that has a triangular frame consisting of a sounding board and a pillar and a curved neck.
69. Tree bearing large brown nuts containing e.g. caffeine.
71. Fallow deer.
73. The United Nations agency concerned with the international organization of food and agriculture.
76. One million periods per second.
77. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.