1. A solution containing a phosphate buffer.
4. Ability to perform or produce.
12. Not reflecting light.
15. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
16. A sandal with flat heels and an upper of woven leather straps.
17. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
18. A throne that is the official chair of a bishop.
20. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
22. The capital and largest city of Iran.
25. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
26. Ctenophores lacking tentacles.
27. Having a lean and bony physique.
29. Sour or bitter in taste.
32. Slanderous defamation.
33. A polite name for any woman.
36. Kauri pine.
40. General term for any insect or similar creeping or crawling invertebrate.
41. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
43. An extensive grassy and nearly treeless plain (especially in Latin America).
44. Deciduous round-headed Asiatic tree widely grown in mild climates as an ornamental for its heart-shaped leaves and fragrant yellow-green flowers followed by hanging clusters of fleshy orange-red berries.
47. Acute lung injury characterized by coughing and rales.
50. (used as a sentenced connector) Therefore or consequently.
51. A salt used especially in baking powder.
52. The dynasty that ruled much of Manchuria and northeastern China from 947 to 1125.
53. Vietnamese New Year.
54. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
55. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
59. Unknown god.
60. An administrator in charge of a division of a university or college.
62. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
69. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
72. British composer (1857-1934).
73. (Judaism) Sacred chest where the ancient Hebrews kept the two tablets containing the Ten Commandments.
74. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
76. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
77. Seed of a pea plant.
78. A state in the southeastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico.
79. A principle or condition that customarily governs behavior.
1. A written agreement between two states or sovereigns.
2. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
3. (Old Testament) Third son of Adam.
4. A sweet innocent baby.
5. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
6. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
7. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
8. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
9. Being nine more than ninety.
10. The middle of the chief navigable channel of a waterway that forms the boundary line between states.
11. An affirmative.
12. United States naval officer and historian (1840-1914).
13. A poplar that is widely cultivated in the United States.
14. Having or characterized or distinguished by tone or a specific tone.
19. A unit of inductance in which an induced electromotive force of one volt is produced when the current is varied at the rate of one ampere per second.
21. A soft partly suppressed laugh.
23. The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections.
24. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
28. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
30. Constituting or relating to a tail.
31. A person who puts finishing edges on a garment.
34. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
35. Paralysis of the vocal cords resulting in an inability to speak.
37. United States writer noted for his stories about life during the California gold rush (1836-1902).
38. A member of western Finnish people formerly living in the Baltic province where Saint Petersburg was built.
39. Of the blackest black.
42. Baby bed with high sides.
45. The function or position properly or customarily occupied or served by another.
46. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
48. Absent-minded dreaming while awake.
49. Type genus of the Soleidae.
56. God of war.
57. Deciduous horn of a member of the deer family.
58. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
61. (informal) Of the highest quality.
63. The work of caring for or attending to someone or something.
64. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
65. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
66. An Eskimo hut.
67. A telephone connection.
68. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
70. An accountant certified by the state.
71. Horny projecting mouth of a bird.
75. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.