1. The rate at which heat is produced by an individual in a resting state.
4. Used of persons.
11. A member of an Algonquian people living in central Canada.
15. Fish eggs or egg-filled ovary.
16. A religious adviser (not necessarily a priest) in the Eastern Orthodox Church.
17. The basic unit of money in South Africa.
18. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
19. A city of central Russia south of Moscow.
21. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
23. Sustentacular tissue that surrounds and supports neurons in the central nervous system.
25. A person who acts as host at formal occasions (makes an introductory speech and introduces other speakers).
27. God of wealth and love.
29. Obvious and dull.
32. The top edge of a vessel.
36. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
37. East Indian tart yellow berrylike fruit.
41. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
42. Ions are accelerated along a linear path by voltage differences on electrodes along the path.
45. Providing enjoyment.
46. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
48. A long-acting crystalline barbiturate (trade name Mebaral) used as a sedative and as an anticonvulsant in the treatment of epilepsy.
51. The main organ of photosynthesis and transpiration in higher plants.
53. A heavy block of iron or steel on which hot metals are shaped by hammering.
54. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
55. A window above a door and hinged to a transom.
58. A crisp smooth lustrous fabric.
60. Formerly the chief magistrate in the republics of Venice and Genoa.
61. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
62. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
63. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
70. City in southwestern Colombia in a rich agricultural area.
71. (legal terminology) The Latin word for wife.
74. In bed.
75. (Hinduism and Buddhism) The beatitude that transcends the cycle of reincarnation.
77. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
78. An informal term for a father.
79. A country on western coast of Africa.
80. Step on it.
1. A small nail.
2. British informal.
3. (Old Testament) A son of Jacob and forefather of one of the tribes of Israel.
4. Inquire about.
5. Any distinct time period in a sequence of events.
6. A city in the Saxony region of Germany on the Saale River.
7. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
8. Large Old World bat of warm and tropical regions that feeds on fruit.
9. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
10. An honorary degree in science.
11. A person who lacks confidence, is irresolute and wishy-washy.
12. Type genus of the Ranidae.
13. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
14. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
20. A shape that sags.
22. Limited or below average in number or quantity or magnitude or extent.
24. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
26. An assertion of a right (as to money or property).
28. An expression of greeting.
30. A genus of orb-weaving spiders including common garden spiders and barn spiders.
31. Void of thought or knowledge.
33. Put a new facing on, as of a garment.
34. Administer an oil or ointment to.
35. The capital of Bahrain.
38. The compass point that is midway between north and northeast.
39. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
40. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
43. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
44. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
47. Shod with sandals.
49. A motorized wheeled vehicle used for camping or other recreational activities.
50. Mar or spoil the appearance of.
52. A state in southeastern United States between the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico.
56. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
57. A noun formed from a verb (such as the `-ing' form of an English verb when used as a noun).
59. The sixth day of the week.
64. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
65. A monocotyledonous genus of the family Iridaceae.
66. A stick that people can lean on to help them walk.
67. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
68. Being three more than fifty.
69. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
72. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
73. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
76. A blood group antigen possessed by Rh-positive people.