1. Strong woody fibers obtained especially from the phloem of from various plants.
5. 1 species.
12. Pertaining to the forward part of a vessel.
15. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
16. (Babylonian) Earth goddess.
17. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
18. (Old Testament) Wife of Isaac and mother of Jacob and Esau.
20. Without braces or props.
22. Having or joined by a seam or seams.
23. A Greek island in the southeast Aegean Sea 10 miles off the Turkish coast.
24. (folklore) A small grotesque supernatural creature that makes trouble for human beings.
28. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
30. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
31. Food mixtures either arranged on a plate or tossed and served with a moist dressing.
32. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
36. A cgs unit of work or energy.
38. In bed.
39. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
40. (used with singular count nouns) Colloquial for `not a' or `not one' or `never a'.
43. A substance that oozes from animal or plant pores.
46. The cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100.
47. A primeval personification of air and breath.
49. Being five more than one hundred.
50. A small drink of liquor.
51. In a murderous frenzy as if possessed by a demon.
52. A plant fiber used for making rope.
54. A high wave (often dangerous) caused by tidal flow (as by colliding tidal currents or in a narrow estuary).
56. A sum of money paid in compensation for loss or injury.
58. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
60. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
61. The extent of something from side to side.
63. A pale rose-colored variety of the ruby spinel.
65. Deciduous South African tree having large odd-pinnate leaves and profuse fragrant orange-yellow flowers.
68. Similar or related in quality or character.
70. A cleansing agent made from the salts of vegetable or animal fats.
73. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
74. South American cavy.
78. The month following February and preceding April.
79. Someone who tells a story.
81. Being two more than fifty.
82. Used of a single unit or thing.
83. The state of being elsewhere than in particular place.
84. A doctor's degree in education.
1. Gymnastic apparatus consisting of two parallel wooden bars supported on uprights.
2. American novelist (1909-1955).
3. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
4. An involuntary vibration (as if from illness or fear).
5. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
6. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
7. A unit of luminous flux equal to the amount of light given out through a solid angle of 1 steradian by a point source of 1 candela intensity radiating uniformly in all directions.
8. (Hawaiian) A small guitar having four strings.
9. A unit of time equal to 60 seconds or 1/60th of an hour.
10. Produced by inbreeding.
11. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
12. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
13. A spread made chiefly from vegetable oils and used as a substitute for butter.
14. A large number or amount.
19. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
21. (of eggs) No longer edible.
25. A composer of sacred songs.
26. An acute viral disease of the nervous system of warm-blooded animals (usually transmitted by the bite of a rabid animal).
27. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
29. The Creator.
33. Large long-armed ape of Borneo and Sumatra having arboreal habits.
34. Constituting the full quantity or extent.
35. An electronic device that generates a series of beeps when the person carrying it is being paged.
37. A man participant in his own marriage ceremony.
41. Japanese mathematical physicist who proposed that nuclear forces are mediated by massive particles called mesons which are analogous to the photon in mediating electromagnetic forces (1907-1981).
42. Covered or protected with or as if with a case.
44. Being ten more than eighty.
45. Of or relating to the uvea of the eye.
48. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
53. Having lips or parts that resemble lips.
55. Lower in esteem.
57. A Spanish female Gypsy.
59. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
62. annoy continually or chronically.
64. A plain plinth that supports a wall.
66. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
67. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
69. English actor noted for his portrayals of Shakespeare's great tragic characters (1789-1833).
71. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
72. Marked by the reception of pay.
75. A clawed foot of an animal especially a quadruped.
76. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
77. A form of address for a married woman.
80. A mouth or mouthlike opening.