1. Neckwear consisting of a long narrow piece of material worn (mostly by men) under a collar and tied in knot at the front.
4. A file of memoranda or notices that remind of things to be done.
11. Tropical Asian starlings.
15. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
16. Egg-shaped terra-cotta wind instrument with a mouthpiece and finger holes.
17. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
18. (in golf) The standard number of strokes set for each hole on a golf course, or for the entire course.
19. Tending to undergo or resulting from mutation.
20. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
21. Sour or bitter in taste.
23. Relating to the deepest parts of the ocean (below 6000 meters).
25. An inclined surface or roadway that moves traffic from one level to another.
26. Relating to or included in the zodiac.
28. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
30. The local time at the 0 meridian passing through Greenwich, England.
31. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
32. The sacred city of Lamaism.
34. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
37. A small cake leavened with yeast.
39. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
40. Water frozen in the solid state.
43. A member of the Semitic speaking people of northern Ethiopia.
44. The basic unit of money in Ethiopia.
46. A loud harsh or strident noise.
47. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
48. Goods (or wreckage) on the sea bed that is attached to a buoy so that it can be recovered.
51. Put out or expel from a place.
53. (New Testament) Disciple of Jesus.
55. Dried out by heat or excessive exposure to sunlight.
56. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
57. Remove from memory or existence.
59. Unfasten or release from or as if from a hitch.
60. A state in New England.
61. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
62. 30 to 300 kilohertz.
63. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
65. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
72. Fallow deer.
75. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
78. British informal term.
79. A serve that strikes the net before falling into the receiver's court.
80. Instrumentalities (tools or implements) made of metal.
81. Being one more than two.
82. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
83. Lily with small dull purple flowers of northwestern Europe and northwestern Asia.
84. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
1. A yellow quartz.
2. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
3. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
4. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
5. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
6. Chinese evergreen conifer discovered in 1955.
7. A village of huts for native Africans in southern Africa.
8. Swedish soprano who toured the United States under the management of P. T. Barnum (1820-1887).
9. Land received by fee tail v 1.
10. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
11. A state in southeastern India on the Bay of Bengal (south of Andhra Pradesh).
12. The content of cognition.
13. (Sumerian) Goddess personifying the primeval sea.
14. Make fit for, or change to suit a new purpose.
22. Dry red table wine from the Rioja region of northern Spain.
24. An avalanche volcanic water and mud down the slopes of a volcano.
27. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
29. The range within which a voice can be heard.
33. Having help.
35. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
36. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
38. Cause to be embarrassed.
41. Chick-pea plant.
42. The Uralic language spoken by the Yeniseian people.
45. The basic unit of money in Peru.
49. A person who uses flattery.
50. The piece of flint that provides the igniting spark in a flintlock weapon.
52. A holy war by Muslims against unbelievers.
54. A small island.
58. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
64. Type genus of the Gavidae.
66. In bed.
67. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
68. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
69. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in Iowa and Minnesota and Missouri.
70. An unforeseen obstacle.
71. A man distinguished by exceptional courage and nobility and strength.
73. A female domestic.
74. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
76. The shape of a raised edge of a more or less circular object.
77. The habitation of wild animals.