1. Ratio of the adjacent side to the hypotenuse.
4. United States writer noted for his typographically eccentric poetry (1894-1962).
12. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
15. Used of a single unit or thing.
16. A person who has been freed from slavery.
17. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
18. Aristocratic Italian family of powerful merchants and bankers who ruled Florence in the 15th century.
20. The Fate who cuts the thread of life.
21. The residue that remains when something is burned.
22. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
23. (computer science) A kind of computer architecture that has a large number of instructions hard coded into the cpu chip.
25. Having a face or facing especially of a specified kind or number.
27. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
29. A cartridge (usually with paper casing).
32. Unknown god.
33. A series of things depending on each other as if linked together.
34. (law) A comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy.
37. Very generous.
41. A small island.
42. A state in midwestern United States.
43. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
44. To fix or set securely or deeply.
47. A bar of sand.
50. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
52. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
53. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
54. A Chadic language spoken in Chad.
57. A town in central Belgium.
59. Included seven times in every 19 years.
60. Dish baked in pastry-lined pan often with a pastry top.
63. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
64. The cry made by sheep.
67. United States swimmer who in 1926 became the first woman to swim the English Channel (1903- ).
72. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
73. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
74. The condition of not containing or being covered by a liquid (especially water).
76. Lacking self-confidence.
77. Cause to grow thin or weak.
80. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
81. The seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located adv.
82. Small family of usually tropical butterflies.
83. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
1. Any of several plants of the genus Camassia.
2. Lake in northwestern Russia near the border with Finland.
3. A car that is closed and that has front and rear seats and two or four doors.
4. A fluorocarbon with chlorine.
5. In or relating to or obtained from urine.
6. A state in New England.
7. A woman sahib.
8. A green or yellow or brown mineral consisting of a hydrated silicate.
9. Resonance of protons to radiation in a magnetic field.
10. (slang) A gangster's pistol.
11. Snarled or stalled in complete confusion.
12. The basic unit of money in Zambia.
13. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
14. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
19. Of or relating to Iraq or its people or culture.
24. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
26. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
28. An associate degree in applied science.
30. United States tennis player who dominated men's tennis in the 1920s (1893-1953).
31. Used of a single unit or thing.
35. A range of mountains (usually with jagged peaks and irregular outline).
36. Someone who earn wages in return for their labor.
38. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
39. Capable of being corrupted.
40. (used only in combination) Having a heart as specified.
45. The use of nuclear magnetic resonance of protons to produce proton density images.
46. Something causes misery or death.
48. A small quantity of liquid.
49. Surrounded by hostile forces.
51. A setting with precious stones so closely set that no metal shows.
55. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
56. Having few if any teeth.
58. Being ten more than one hundred eighty.
61. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
62. The cardinal number that is the sum of five and one.
65. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
66. Make amends for.
68. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
69. A member of an Algonquian people living in central Canada.
70. Type genus of the Nepidae.
71. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
75. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
78. Informal terms for a mother.
79. Being one more than one.