1. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
4. A star-shaped character * used in printing.
12. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
15. Made warm or hot.
16. A genus of Colubridae.
17. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
18. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
19. Eastern subspecies of northern oriole.
20. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
21. Of or relating to or characteristic of Israel or its people.
23. A public promotion of some product or service.
24. State in northeastern India.
26. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
27. The inner and thicker of the two bones of the human leg between the knee and ankle.
29. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
33. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
34. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
38. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
41. Someone given to teasing (as by mocking or stirring curiosity).
43. Small buffalo of Mindoro in the Philippines.
46. United States film maker (1897-1991).
47. Electronic warfare undertaken to prevent or reduce an enemy's effective use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
48. In operation or operational.
49. Causing alarm or fear.
51. A family of birds coextensive with the order Rheiformes.
54. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
55. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
56. Italian architect who pioneered in the use of reinforced concrete (1891-1979).
57. Capital and largest city of the Czech Republic.
60. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
61. A state in midwestern United States.
62. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
63. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
66. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
68. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
72. A genus of Ploceidae.
75. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
76. Ornamentation with beads.
77. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
78. Someone who picks up grain left in the field by the harvesters.
81. At or constituting a border or edge.
82. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
83. A salt or ester of oxalic acid.
84. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
1. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
2. A strong-smelling plant from whose dried leaves a number of euphoriant and hallucinogenic drugs are prepared.
3. Indicating the most important performer or role.
4. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
5. Showing deterioration from age.
6. (physiology) Of or relating to or producing normal tone or tonus in muscles or tissue.
7. A cgs unit of work or energy.
8. A wired or starched collar of intricate lace.
9. Of or containing iridium.
10. Term of address for a man.
11. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
12. By bad luck.
13. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
14. A fraudulent business scheme.
22. 100 agorot equal 1 shekel.
25. A deep bow.
28. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
30. Any member of Athapaskan tribes that migrated to the southwestern desert (from Arizona to Texas and south into Mexico).
31. A tool for driving something with force.
32. North American water snakes.
35. Savory jelly based on fish or meat stock used as a mold for meats or vegetables.
36. Danish philologist (1846-1896).
37. French writer who generalized surrealism to literature (1897-1982).
39. Type genus of the Ranidae.
40. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.
42. A very light brown.
44. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
45. Pompous or pretentious talk or writing.
50. A unit of current equal to 10 amperes.
52. Overgrown with ivy.
53. Small creeping evergreen shrubs.
58. A deceitful and unreliable scoundrel.
59. Protected from heat and light with shade or shadow.
64. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
65. A line spoken by an actor to the audience but not intended for others on the stage.
67. A small cake leavened with yeast.
69. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
70. Any tree or shrub of the genus Inga having pinnate leaves and showy usually white flowers.
71. Advanced in years.
73. An informal term for a father.
74. Gone by.
79. Being ten more than fifty.
80. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.