1. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
4. Enclosed in a package or protective covering.
12. Someone (especially a woman) who annoys people by constantly finding fault.
15. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
16. Any of several plants of the genus Achillea native to Europe and having small white flowers in flat-topped flower heads.
17. (informal) Of the highest quality.
18. (Greek mythology) The brother of Jocasta and uncle of Antigone who became king of Thebes after the fall of Oedipus.
20. A public promotion of some product or service.
21. Having or showing profound knowledge.
22. Writing board used on the lap as a table or desk.
24. A container.
25. Inquire about.
26. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
27. A graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph.
28. Brought to a halt.
33. An affirmative.
36. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
38. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
40. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
42. Any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse.
44. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
46. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
47. By bad luck.
49. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
51. A small piece of cloth.
52. A New England state.
53. A note appended to a letter after the signature.
55. English essayist (1775-1834).
57. A French variety of green bean plant bearing light-colored beans.
61. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
62. A state of agitated irritation.
63. Of a moderate orange-yellow color.
66. Small toothless anteater with prehensile tale and four-clawed forelimbs.
72. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
73. An expressway in a German-speaking country.
76. An audiotape recording of sound.
77. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
78. Any of several minute primitive wingless and eyeless insects having a cone-shaped head.
79. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
80. A police officer who investigates crimes.
81. A Spanish courtesy title for a girl or unmarried woman.
82. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
1. A plain plinth that supports a wall.
2. A wall hanging of heavy handwoven fabric with pictorial designs.
3. Relatively deep or strong.
4. Fudge made with brown sugar and butter and milk and nuts.
5. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
6. A human female who does housework.
7. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
8. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
9. Fleshy spore-bearing inner mass of e.g. a puffball or stinkhorn.
10. In an unnatural eery manner.
11. Caused to show discomposure.
12. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
13. A book of the New Testament.
14. A person with an unusual or odd personality.
19. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
23. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
29. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
30. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
31. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
32. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
34. A member of the Algonquian people of Maine and southern Quebec.
35. A device that very useful for a particular job.
37. A republic on the island of Malta in the Mediterranean.
39. Type genus of the Gavidae.
41. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
43. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
45. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
48. The brightest star in Virgo.
50. A spread made chiefly from vegetable oils and used as a substitute for butter.
54. Any of various strong liquors especially a Dutch spirit distilled from potatoes.
56. One thousandth of a second.
58. Relating to modern Greece or its inhabitants or its language n.
59. Solid excretory product evacuated from the bowels.
60. Someone (especially a German) who speaks a Germanic language.
64. A Buddhist who has attained nirvana.
65. An Italian woman of rank.
67. A French abbot.
68. Capital city of the Apulia region on the Adriatic coast.
69. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
70. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
71. Make an etching of.
74. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
75. Seed vessel having hooks or prickles.