1. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
4. Lac purified by heating and filtering.
11. The dialect of Albanian spoken in northern Albania and Yugoslavia.
15. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
16. Type genus of the Balaenidae.
17. Avatar of Vishnu.
18. Tag the base runner to get him out.
19. Elinvar is a trademark for a kind of nickel-chromium steel used for watch springs because its elasticity is constant over a wide range of temperatures.
20. Make editorial changes (in a text).
21. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
23. The basic unit of money in Peru.
24. Make a donation of.
26. Type genus of the Blattidae.
29. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
31. Water frozen in the solid state.
32. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
35. Make less active or intense.
39. Austrian pianist and composer who studied with Beethoven and was a teacher of Liszt (1791-1857).
41. A heavy open wagon usually having two wheels and drawn by an animal.
43. A monocotyledonous genus of the family Iridaceae.
45. The sign language used in the United States.
46. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
47. Wood of a sumac.
49. The act of swimming.
51. A Loloish language.
53. Of or relating to Oman or its people.
54. Relating to or having the characteristics of bees.
55. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
57. A sudden short attack.
58. Knowledge gained through tradition or anecdote.
59. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
62. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
63. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
69. A female domestic.
73. A small narrow pointed missile that is thrown or shot.
74. Type genus of the Otariidae.
75. Common Indian weaverbird.
76. (Old Testament) Adam's wife in Judeo-Christian mythology.
79. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
80. A doctor's degree in education.
81. Any plant of the genus Caragana having even-pinnate leaves and mostly yellow flowers followed by seeds in a linear pod.
82. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
1. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
2. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
3. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
4. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
5. Naturally occurring crystalline sodium chloride.
6. Intelligence derived from non-communications electromagnetic radiations from foreign sources (other than radioactive sources).
7. A flowering shrub.
8. (New Testament) Disciple of Jesus.
9. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
10. Italian poet considered the national poet of modern Italy (1835-1907).
11. A small explosive bomb thrown by hand or fired from a missile.
12. Relating to the deepest parts of the ocean (below 6000 meters).
13. Expel, as of gases and odors.
14. A door-like movable barrier in a fence or wall.
22. A master's degree in literature.
25. A city of east central Mexico (west of Veracruz).
27. (informal) Of the highest quality.
28. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
30. Having the wind against the forward side of the sails.
33. (Babylonian) Father of the gods.
34. A colorless flammable volatile liquid hydrocarbon used as a solvent.
36. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
37. Worthless people.
38. English aristocrat who was the first wife of Prince Charles.
40. The relative magnitudes of two quantities (usually expressed as a quotient).
42. A program under which employees regularly accumulate shares and may ultimately assume control of the company.
44. Being two more than ninety.
48. Sauce for pasta.
50. Great coolness and composure under strain.
52. At or near or toward the stern of a ship or tail of an airplane.
56. A public promotion of some product or service.
60. An upward movement (especially a rhythmical rising and falling).
61. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
64. Amino acid that is formed in the liver and converted into dopamine in the brain.
65. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
66. A small amount of residue.
67. A genus of Mustelidae.
68. Water falling in drops from vapor condensed in the atmosphere.
70. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
71. The eighth month of the civil year.
72. An informal term for a father.
77. A white trivalent metallic element.
78. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.