1. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
4. Uninhibited United States actress (1903-1968).
12. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
15. The former capital and 2nd largest city of Brazil.
16. Motionlessness attributable to a temporary paralysis.
17. A light touch or stroke.
18. Remove the pins from.
20. A self-replicating protein molecule that occupies a fixed place on a chromosome.
21. Especially a leaf of grass or the broad portion of a leaf as distinct from the petiole.
23. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
24. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
26. Consider or hold as true.
29. An informal term for a father.
31. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
33. An ancient jar with two handles and a narrow neck.
38. Plant bearing very hot and finely tapering long peppers.
42. Small arctic whale the male having a long spiral ivory tusk.
43. A plumbing fixture (usually attached to the wall) used by men to urinate.
44. Relating to anemia or suffering from anemia.
45. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
46. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
48. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
49. Jordan's port.
51. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
54. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
56. Large edible mackerel of temperate United States coastal Atlantic waters.
57. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
59. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
61. Lower in esteem.
63. Spicy fruit of the cubeb vine.
66. A Hindu prince or king in India.
70. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
72. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
74. A boy or man.
75. Group insurance that entitles members to services of participating hospitals and clinics and physicians.
76. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
78. A sudden loss of consciousness resulting when the rupture or occlusion of a blood vessel leads to oxygen lack in the brain.
79. Annual grass of Europe and North Africa.
80. A large estate in Spanish-speaking countries.
81. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
1. A popular island resort in the Netherlands Antilles.
2. Ions are accelerated along a linear path by voltage differences on electrodes along the path.
3. The subject matter of a conversation or discussion.
4. A decree that prohibits something.
5. A state in northwestern North America.
6. Being on the left side.
7. Make uniform.
8. A reddish brown dye used especially on hair.
9. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
10. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
11. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
12. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
13. A quantity of no importance.
14. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
19. Someone who cuts and delivers ice.
22. Tawny-colored African antelope inhabiting wet grassy plains.
25. (Old Testament) The minister of the Persian emperor who hated the Jews and was hanged for plotting to massacre them.
27. Tropical American shrub or small tree having huge deeply palmately cleft leaves and large oblong yellow fruit.
28. A unit of weight used in east Asia approximately equal to 1.3 ounces.
30. Fairly small terrestrial ferns of tropical America.
32. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
34. Capital and largest city of the Czech Republic.
35. The ohmic resistance of a conductor.
36. Someone who takes spoils or plunder (as in war).
37. Type genus of the Alcedinidae.
39. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
40. Of a pale purple color.
41. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
47. Some held in custody.
50. A short high tone produced as a signal or warning.
52. Large cylindrical or flattened mostly tropical insects with long strong legs that feed on plants.
53. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
55. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
58. Tropical tree of Central America and West Indies and Puerto Rico having spikes of white flowers.
60. Cause to be embarrassed.
62. (in Scotland) A child.
64. A blemish made by dirt.
65. Capital city of the Apulia region on the Adriatic coast.
67. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
68. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
69. The sixth month of the civil year.
71. An accountant certified by the state.
73. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
77. A radioactive element of the actinide series.