1. An ancient Hebrew unit of capacity equal to 10 baths or 10 ephahs.
4. A pair of adhesive patches worn to cover the nipples of exotic dancers and striptease performers.
11. On, to, or at the top.
15. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
16. A small flat triangular bone in front of the knee that protects the knee joint.
17. The actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group.
18. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
19. A large order of insects having a single pair of wings and sucking or piercing mouths.
20. A river that rises in western New Mexico and flows westward through southern Arizona to become a tributary of the Colorado River.
21. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
23. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
24. Relating to or like or divided into areolae.
26. A form of entertainment that enacts a story by a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement.
28. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
29. (`cease' is a noun only in the phrase `without cease') End v 1.
30. (combining form) Former.
32. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
34. Hormones (estrogen and progestin) are given to postmenopausal women.
35. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
38. (botany) Outer tissue of bark.
43. National capital of Solomon Islands.
44. A small constellation in the northern hemisphere near Cygnus and Draco.
45. Inquire about.
46. Divulge information or secrets.
49. Being nine more than forty.
50. A port in northwestern Israel on the Bay of Acre.
52. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
57. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
60. The striking of one body against another.
63. A bar of sand.
65. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
66. Make a gurgling sound as of liquid issuing from a bottle.
68. A metric unit of length equal to 100 meters.
69. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
72. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
74. A member of one of the four divisions of the prehistoric Greeks.
77. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
79. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
80. The imperial authority symbolized by a scepter.
81. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
82. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
83. Thin usually unleavened johnnycake made of cornmeal.
84. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
1. God of love and erotic desire.
2. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
3. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
4. Kidney disease characterized by enlarged kidneys containing many cysts.
5. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
6. One of the green parts that form the calyx of a flower.
7. Restraint consisting of a rope (or light chain) used to restrain an animal.
8. Water frozen in the solid state.
9. An ache localized in the middle or inner ear.
10. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
11. An ancient city in southeastern Greece.
12. An artifact used in making your toilet.
13. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
14. Sweet juicy gritty-textured fruit available in many varieties.
22. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
25. Informal terms for a meal.
27. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
31. A Bantu language closely related to Zulu.
33. Common black European thrush.
36. In an unnatural eery manner.
37. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
39. (Sumerian) Water god and god of wisdom.
40. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
41. 30 to 300 kilohertz.
42. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
47. Having or denoting a low vocal or instrumental range.
48. A public promotion of some product or service.
51. Emblem usually consisting of a rectangular piece of cloth of distinctive design.
53. A constitutional monarchy in northern Europe.
54. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
55. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
56. A plaster now made mostly from Portland cement and sand and lime.
58. A member of the Taracahitian people of central Mexico.
59. Gibberish resembling the sounds of a baby.
61. Genus of sticky herbs with yellow flowers open in morning or evening but closed in bright light.
62. A loud resonant repeating noise.
64. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
67. Clarified butter used in Indian cookery.
70. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
71. A man who is the lover of a girl or young woman.
73. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
75. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
76. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
78. An associate degree in applied science.