1. Nonresinous wood of a fir tree.
4. Accumulated on a surface of a solid.
12. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
15. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
16. Of a vivid red to reddish-orange color.
17. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
18. Someone who listens attentively.
20. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
21. Shrubby plant with aromatic grayish-green leaves used as a cooking herb.
23. Herb of the Pacific islands grown throughout the tropics for its edible root and in temperate areas as an ornamental for its large glossy leaves.
24. Advanced in years.
26. Dried out by heat or excessive exposure to sunlight.
27. A small constellation in the polar region of the southern hemisphere near the Southern Cross and Chamaeleon.
29. An island of central Hawaii.
32. A heavy precious metallic element.
34. A physician who is not a specialist but treats all illnesses.
35. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
36. God of love and erotic desire.
40. So extremely old as seeming to belong to an earlier period.
43. A spy who makes uninvited inquiries into the private affairs of others.
44. United States painter (born in England) of portraits and historical scenes (1783-1872).
45. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria and closely related to Hausa.
47. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
48. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
50. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
52. The basic unit of money in Romania.
53. Showing the wearing effects of overwork or care or suffering.
56. Line of descent traced through the maternal side of the family.
58. (Babylonian) The sky god.
59. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
61. Not easy.
62. Squash bugs.
65. A plain plinth that supports a wall.
69. The capital of Bahrain.
71. (archaic) Exalted emotionally especially with pride.
75. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
77. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
78. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
82. Top part of an apron.
83. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
84. Elder brother of Krishna.
85. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
1. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
2. The content of cognition.
3. A domain in which something is dominant.
4. (informal) Of the highest quality.
5. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
6. A silvery malleable metallic element that resists corrosion.
7. Belonging to some prior time.
8. Twist or braid together, interlace.
9. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
10. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
11. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
12. In a murderous frenzy as if possessed by a demon.
13. A narrow way or road.
14. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
19. Large hawk of the northern hemisphere that feeds chiefly on small rodents and is beneficial to farmers.
22. South American plant cultivated for its large fragrant trumpet-shaped flowers.
25. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
28. Castrate, used with animals.
30. A region of northeastern France famous for its wines.
31. Norwegian explorer of the Arctic and director of the League of Nations relief program for refugees of World War I (1861-1930).
33. Elected Vice President in Roosevelt's 4th term.
37. A region in southeastern Italy on the Adriatic.
38. A streak of light in the sky at night that results when a meteoroid hits the earth's atmosphere and air friction causes the meteoroid to melt or vaporize or explode.
39. In the area or vicinity.
41. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
42. The opening into the stomach and that part of the stomach connected to the esophagus.
46. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.
49. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
51. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
54. Wild llama.
55. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
57. The act of taking something from someone unlawfully.
60. Someone who lends money at excessive rates of interest.
63. Tag the base runner to get him out.
64. Minute floating marine tunicate having a transparent body with an opening at each end.
66. A drama set to music.
67. An assertion of a right (as to money or property).
68. Being one more than fifty.
70. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
72. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
73. English essayist (1775-1834).
74. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
76. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
79. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
80. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
81. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.