1. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
4. Difficult to penetrate.
12. An enzyme that catalyzes the oxidation of many body compounds (e.g., epinephrine and norepinephrine and serotonin).
15. A recurring sleep state during which dreaming occurs.
16. Determined by measurement.
17. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
18. (informal) Of the highest quality.
19. Expose to fresh air, as of old clothing.
20. Any of various usually white herons having long plumes during breeding season.
21. Glazed yeast-raised doughnut-shaped roll with hard crust.
23. A low heavy horsecart without sides.
24. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
25. Adornment consisting of a small piece of shiny material used to decorate clothing.
29. A city in southeastern South Korea.
31. English monk and scholar (672-735).
32. Causing alarm or fear.
37. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
38. Relating to or characteristic of Arabs.
42. Activity involved in maintaining something in good working order.
45. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
47. Towards the side away from the wind.
48. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
49. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
50. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
51. A member of the people inhabiting the Aleutian Islands and western Alaska.
55. A correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence).
60. Dry brandy distilled in the Armagnac district of France.
65. A branch of the Tai languages.
66. A former British gold coin worth 21 chillings.
67. American Revolutionary patriot.
70. A master's degree in business.
71. Advanced in years.
72. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
74. Tag the base runner to get him out.
75. Type genus of the Ranidae.
76. An intellectual (who is bald?).
77. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Infestation of the pubic hair by crab lice.
2. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
3. The ending of a series or sequence.
4. An alloy of mercury with another metal (usually silver) used by dentists to fill cavities in teeth.
5. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
6. The Italian region on the island of Sardinia.
7. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
8. Type genus of the Rutaceae.
9. United States chemist who discovered deuterium (1893-1981).
10. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
11. United States swimmer who in 1926 became the first woman to swim the English Channel (1903- ).
12. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
13. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
14. The cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one.
22. The principal dish of a meal.
26. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
27. A machine for laying pavement.
28. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
30. One of the two branches of the Finno-Ugric family of languages.
33. Lap at the front of a coat.
34. Red pear-shaped tropical fruit with poisonous seeds.
35. A small cake leavened with yeast.
36. A team of professional baseball players who play and travel together.
39. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
40. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
41. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
43. Animal food for browsing or grazing.
44. Blue sharks.
46. Sole genus of the family Naiadaceae.
52. A landlocked republic in eastern Africa.
53. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
54. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
56. A Bantu language spoken by the Kamba people in Kenya.
57. A genus of Lamnidae.
58. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
59. Jordan's port.
61. (anatomy) A fold or wrinkle or crease.
62. Dignified manner or conduct.
63. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
64. Informal terms for a (young) woman.
68. The syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization.
69. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
73. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.