1. (of securities) Not quoted on a stock exchange.
4. Arrange or combine in pairs.
12. Inflammation of the urethra of unknown cause.
15. (in golf) The standard number of strokes set for each hole on a golf course, or for the entire course.
16. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
17. A port in southwestern Scotland.
18. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
19. Wild sheep of semidesert regions in central Asia.
20. In or associated with the process of passing from life or ceasing to be.
22. Small room on a ship or boat where people sleep.
24. Before noon.
25. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
27. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
28. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
30. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
32. Medium-sized tree having glossy lanceolate leaves.
35. Being or moving higher in position or greater in some value.
37. English writer of macabre short stories (1863-1943).
40. Unequivocally detestable.
42. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
44. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
45. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
46. A very attractive or seductive looking woman.
48. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
51. Used of a single unit or thing.
52. The organ of sight (`peeper' is an informal term for `eye').
53. The birds of a particular region or period.
56. A mountain peak in the Karakoram Range in northern Kashmir.
58. Medium-sized larch of Canada and northern United States including Alaska having a broad conic crown and rust-brown scaly bark.
59. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
61. In bed.
62. A slight indication.
67. An associate degree in nursing.
70. A bag used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women).
74. Bright with a steady but subdued shining.
77. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
78. The seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located adv.
79. The condition of having no arms.
81. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
82. A machine-readable version of a standard dictionary.
83. Worthy of high praise.
84. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
1. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
2. Thin fibrous bark of the paper mulberry and Pipturus albidus.
3. Decapod having eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers.
4. A republic in West Africa on the Gulf of Guinea.
5. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
6. A medium for oil-paints.
7. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
9. Departing or being caused to depart from the true vertical or horizontal.
10. A light strong gray lustrous corrosion-resistant metallic element used in strong light-weight alloys (as for airplane parts).
11. Either extremity of something that has length.
12. Horny plate covering and protecting part of the dorsal surface of the digits.
13. Make synchronous and adjust in time or manner.
14. The capital and largest city of Mongolia.
21. West Indian evergreen with medium to long leaves.
23. A person of subnormal intelligence.
26. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
29. Iraqi leader who waged war against Iran and who invaded Kuwait (born in 1937).
31. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
33. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
34. Tropical American tree bearing a small edible fruit with green leathery skin and sweet juicy translucent pulp.
36. Deciduous South African tree having large odd-pinnate leaves and profuse fragrant orange-yellow flowers.
38. An unbroken or imperfectly broken mustang.
39. Marked by quiet and caution and secrecy.
41. The chief solid component of mammalian urine.
43. A distinguished female operatic singer.
47. A prosthesis that replaces a missing leg.
49. Capital and largest city and economic center of Peru.
50. Two items of the same kind.
54. A large family of trees, shrubs, vines, and herbs bearing bean pods.
55. A particular environment or walk of life.
57. Leather with a napped surface.
60. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
63. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
64. Lacking leadership.
65. A Bantu language spoken by the Kamba people in Kenya.
66. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
68. A genus of temperate and arctic evergreen trees (see spruce).
69. Held back.
71. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
72. Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed.
73. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
75. (informal) Roused to anger.
76. A bachelor's degree in theology.
80. A rare polyvalent metallic element of the platinum group.