1. (trademark) A tinned luncheon meat made largely from pork.
5. Type genus of the family Mustelidae.
12. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
15. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
16. A diuretic drug (trade name Esidrix and HydroDIURIL) used in the treatment of hypertension.
17. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
18. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
19. An Italian poet famous for `The Divine Comedy'--a journey through hell and purgatory and paradise guided by Virgil and his idealized Beatrice (1265-1321).
20. Realistic Norwegian author who wrote plays on social and political themes (1828-1906).
22. A woman who wears clothes to display fashions.
24. A commercial center and river port in western Germany on the Rhine River.
26. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
28. A city in southeastern South Korea.
29. Made steady or constant.
34. A subsidiary proposition that is assumed to be true in order to prove another proposition.
35. Distinctive and stylish elegance.
38. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
40. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
41. Being nine more than ninety.
42. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
44. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
48. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
50. Failing to speak or communicate etc when expected to.
51. Foot pain.
54. Title used for a married Frenchwoman.
56. A deep orange-red variety of chalcedony.
59. An ancient region on the coast of southwest Asia Minor.
60. A mountain peak in the Andes in Bolivia (21,391 feet high).
63. Severe hypoxia.
65. An inhabitant of ancient Thebes.
66. In a rueful manner.
70. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
72. Type genus of the Sulidae.
73. Irritate or vex.
77. Providing enjoyment.
78. Time for Earth to make a complete rotation on its axis.
79. An early Christian church designed like a Roman basilica.
80. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
1. (linguistics) The form of a word after all affixes are removed.
2. An informal term for a father.
3. Similar or related in quality or character.
4. Covered with paving material.
5. Aristocratic Italian family of powerful merchants and bankers who ruled Florence in the 15th century.
6. (commerce) The period of time permitted by commercial usage for the payment of a bill of exchange (especially a foreign bill of exchange).
7. Estrangement from god.
8. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
9. Upright in position or posture.
10. Being one more than fifty.
11. (botany) Relating to or attached to the axis.
12. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
13. A primeval personification of air and breath.
14. A stick that people can lean on to help them walk.
21. Capital and largest city of Colombia.
23. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
25. Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
27. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
30. (music) The speed at which a composition is to be played.
31. To fix or set securely or deeply.
32. Shrub bearing round-fruited kumquats.
33. A Ukrainian peninsula between the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov.
36. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
37. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
39. Wood of a sumac.
43. The civil and religious leader of a Muslim state.
45. Melon having yellowish rind and whitish flesh.
46. A resource.
47. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
49. Before noon.
52. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
53. The father of your father or mother.
55. God of the sky.
57. Unwind from or as if from a reel.
58. Large South American evergreen tree trifoliate leaves and drupes with nutlike seeds used as food and a source of cooking oil.
61. (Zoroastrianism) Title for benevolent deities.
62. Not having a steady rhythm.
64. Being deficient in moisture.
67. Sailing close to the wind v 1.
68. (Welsh) A warrior god.
69. A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in the Pit river valley in northern California.
71. The sixth day of the week.
74. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
75. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
76. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.